No announcement yet.

Amir Khan: Number One at 140, Easy.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan: Number One at 140, Easy.

I bet against him and unlike these ****in haters on here im going to give him credit and much respect for this win as it proved alot (though there were some dangerous times for him). No one can call him glass jawed, thats for sure.

Khan at times purposely did not put his gaurd up and let Maidana go at him. Much respect !

As for the title of the thread, I truly believe this.... Why? Simply put no one else at 140 can give him the same problems. Khan started to tire out due to the pressure and obvious obsorbment of big shots.

No one else is as powerful as Maidana or a pressure fighter. You dont pressure Khan, get him tired, you dont win. Khans jab was nullified due to the pressure, and i cant see anyone going at him like that. He will simply jab their heads off cuz they eill be at his preferable distance.

He dropped his hands more than he should have but overall, very impressed by Khan.

I like Amir. But I think he just got exposed in this fight. No matter how hard he trains, he'll never be one of the elites. His chin can't go where his skills can take him.

Comment

Khan needs to improve his stamina, he got caught flush when he wasn't able to continue in the same pace as before. Maidana was a lot slower but when Khan faded, he actually invited Maidana back into the fight, but other than that, a great performance and answered the doubts about his chin, after all, Khan was taking some huge punches but didn't go down once which was surprising to me.
      But hey, even Mayweather did a silly dance against Mosley in the 2nd rd...

Comment

His stamina is pretty good against non pressure fighters as his jab helps him control the fight. He can flurry n jab all night with that sort of opponent. Certainly needs to work on his pressure game.

I honestly dont think there were much weaknesses. He got shook after taking alot of big shots, shots which Bradley/ Alexander might not be able to take.

No else will tire him cuz they cant pressure enough!

Comment

Working...
        X