No announcement yet.

Is every KO a concussion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is every KO a concussion?

Is a KO usually/always a concussion or not?

If the fighter is out, then yes.

Comment

Not necessarily. When you're hit right on the chin, and your neck twists around, what happens is that the connection from the brain to the rest of the body (through the spine) is cut off (or disturbed). That's what you saw with Zab Judah, when he got knocked out by Kostya. He was sure he was okay, didn't feel a thing, but his head wasn't talking to his body, so he was all over the place like someone drunk out of his head. Being drunk isn't a concussion either, if you know what I'm saying.

Comment

double post...

Comment

but generally, a KO is a concussion.

Comment

No, I dont think a KO is usually a concussion. And very little is known about the 2 things.

Comment

KO is like a slang term for a serious concussion.

Comment

Im still nursing a bad one(its been a month too). Didnt get knocked out though I did black out a little(3 rounds after the point where I probably got the concussion because thats when my memories fade). After seeing that thing on ESPN, Im not sure Id like to risk another one. People become depressed to the point of suicide from multiple concussions a la football players. It could be an alternate explanation to the excessive use of drugs by retired boxers other than "theyre from the streets.

Comment

You probably should see a DR.

Comment

Boxing is not good for anyones brain but certain people are less susepctible to concussions than the rest of us. These people, more often than not, are the ones who stick around boxing long enough to develop the skills to become champions. You see a few rare people with glass chins who become champs but lets face it, 90% of world champions have a strong chin, way above the human average.

Comment

Working...
                    X