No announcement yet.

Tyson vs Hollifield and Tito vs Oscar with 24-7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson vs Hollifield and Tito vs Oscar with 24-7

If these fights took place in this era (No Black boxes like in the old days) and 24-7 to top it off.

im not sure what you're saying

Comment

it would of been very good for the ppv numbers

Comment

Today they would still be irrelevant. All the fighters listed are way past their primes to even mean anything... Unless your saying that they are in their primes now then of course, they would be shattering records. Not sure exactly what you were getting at here

Comment

i see what he's getting at. if both fights were held in the format style as the due now a days, what wouldve been the results of ppv #s & overall hype.
          back the days we had black boxes that gave you ppv for free. now a days it by cards & sometimes even those dont work.

Tito-Oscar shatter'd records back then but if the wouldve had a 24/7 then it wouldve done maybe double the #'s it did. oscar-may wouldve not even came close to it.

holyfield-tyson wouldve done amazing #s too. if throw in the back story of how the fight was sign'd to happen but not announc'd cause of the buster shock & conviction.

i think if fights of today got the media coverage the fights back in the day got, i think there numbers would be better.

**** if you aint got espn, you aint gonna hear any boxing news. when was the last time you heard a boxing update in your local news sport segment unless your watchin telemundo.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson2k7 View Post
            If these fights took place in this era (No Black boxes like in the old days) and 24-7 to top it off.
            actually, I think tyson/holyfield was as big as it got. I don't think a 24/7 would've helped. tyson was incredibly popular and holyfield was well known and respected.

dlh/tito would've done more numbers w/ 24/7 tho.

Comment

Originally posted by chilost View Post
              i see what he's getting at. if both fights were held in the format style as the due now a days, what wouldve been the results of ppv #s & overall hype.
              back the days we had black boxes that gave you ppv for free. now a days it by cards & sometimes even those dont work.

Tito-Oscar shatter'd records back then but if the wouldve had a 24/7 then it wouldve done maybe double the #'s it did. oscar-may wouldve not even came close to it.

holyfield-tyson wouldve done amazing #s too. if throw in the back story of how the fight was sign'd to happen but not announc'd cause of the buster shock & conviction.

i think if fights of today got the media coverage the fights back in the day got, i think there numbers would be better.

**** if you aint got espn, you aint gonna hear any boxing news. when was the last time you heard a boxing update in your local news sport segment unless your watchin telemundo.....
              Yeah you got my post. Thats exactly what i mean when talking about these big fights that Tyson/Holly and Tito/Oscar had back in the day.

Comment

Tyson vs Holyfield 24/7 would of been amazing, actually any 24/7 with Tyson in it would be amazing.

Comment

I'd love to see Mike Tyson Vs. Evander Holyfield III. But unfortunately we won't see it. Tyson is out of shape and is 43 years old. I don't see him coming back to the sport. Although it would be huge for PPV Numbers.

Comment

Working...
                  X