No announcement yet.

Frampton proves he's the real Jackal, not Rigo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    Yes and Frampton got paid a guaranteed £1.5 million ($2M) to fight Quigg in his last fight...

Rigo never got paid $750K again, that was for a special instance fight against Donaire.
    I'm sure frampton will get a huge chunk of what ever u.k. revenue there is.....so 500k isn't exactly correct.

this is apples and oranges. rigo is hated. doesn't really have a fan base outside of hardcores. frampton has a huge fanbase & has the luxury to make money even if he gets ko'd. if he wins? oh god. he's gonna make tons. a guy like rigo dominates lemachenko and no one would care apart from hardcores. so he has to negotiate his earnings beforehand and he must be really precise about that. get it now? the fan base just isn't there..........you're comparing a guy frampton who has a giant fan base and will always put money into him to rigo who has nothing but his skills? of course rigo will want his money up front and plenty if he is to fight another superstar because no one is gonna give him ****. if he didn't he would be rock stick dumb, they already black balled him almost out of the sport. guys like frampton ducking him and people applaud it.

wake up and smell the coffee. you're comparing apples to oranges
    Last edited by Godsfly; 07-31-2016, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Nah Framptom is more a rabbit who beat another rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
        Frampton moved up in weight to beat LSC, and is now a two weight world champion. Rigondeaux had the same opportunity against Lomachenko but *****ed out asking for weight demands, more money etc.

Rigondeaux can make amends if he moves up to 126 and fights Frampton.
        Unfortunately you're wrong due to the fact that Rigo is not called the jackal in spanish for the reason most think.....reason why he's called "El Chacal" was due to a very popular now ended show called Sabado Gigante which aired Saturdays, that I think almost all hispanic people know about and ran since the 80s I believe I Google'd it and think I ran like some 2800 plus episodes. Anyway, on the show (Which were a mix of games, performances and sketch comedies) was a skit where contestants had to perform a song, if they didn't get the crowds' approval they were eliminated by a guy dressed like a sort of executioner in all black who blew a trumpet signaling that the contestant was eliminated. In Cuba they called him "El Chacal because he would "eliminate" people in tourneys, fights....what have you. That's the real reason he's called el "El Chacal", not because of the animal like Frampton.

Edit: if the reason he's called jackal has changed now I don't know but the real reason was that....in an old interview, he was in the middle of some Cubans, they were hollering Chacal! And another guy said "Chacal de la trompeta, eliminando!" And he responded "ya tu sabe!"
        Last edited by {Pito}; 07-31-2016, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          you forgot the memo that Cruz is a 3 weight world champion. And Frampton was more hurt in this bout more than Cruz. that being said, Frampton is in dangerous waters at this weight as Gary Russell Jr. can knock oh boy out, both.

And Rigo... don't joke around.
          That's strange, I could have sworn it was Cruz eating a left hook and back pedalling in the second

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
            He'd beat Russel Jr down as well
            It's not something to be proud of, because even a guy with only 1 win in his resume can beat Gary Russell Jr.

Comment

Working...
            X