No announcement yet.

Who was the worst drained looking boxer during weight in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
    His face was dried and his bone structure were showing.
    Are you suggesting he move up to 154 after this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
      Corrales against Mayweather.. a strong wind would of blown him over that night.
      I absolutely agree, CORRALES by a huge margin. I got an email from a writer who was there and he said that Corrales almost has to be helped to the scales, failed the first time, skin grey, bones sticking out, looked like an animated skeleton. He knew then that Corrales had NO chance. He'd lived in a sweatbox for weeks. His trainer said he couldn't get him to train, he would stay in his room playing with a video game.

In fact how he survived to the 10th was a miracle of his toughness. Larry Merchant wrote and said that on passing his dressing room just before the fight, he saw him scoffing down a huge burger sandwich. poor guy. He was desperate for money, owed a fortune, going to gaol for 2 years right after fight, family life a mess, had left the weight 6 months before, but, as he told the TV guys, "they made me an offer I coudn't refuse" He needed it.

It was only then, during that interview, before the fight, I decided to change my attitude towards Corrales, and like his manner. Before, I thought he was a detestable bully.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        I absolutely agree, CORRALES by a huge margin. I got an email from a writer who was there and he said that Corrales almost has to be helped to the scales, failed the first time, skin grey, bones sticking out, looked like an animated skeleton. He knew then that Corrales had NO chance. He'd lived in a sweatbox for weeks. His trainer said he couldn't get him to train, he would stay in his room playing with a video game.

In fact how he survived to the 10th was a miracle of his toughness. Larry Merchant wrote and said that on passing his dressing room just before the fight, he saw him scoffing down a huge burger sandwich. poor guy. He was desperate for money, owed a fortune, going to gaol for 2 years right after fight, family life a mess, had left the weight 6 months before, but, as he told the TV guys, "they made me an offer I coudn't refuse" He needed it.

It was only then, during that interview, before the fight, I decided to change my attitude towards Corrales, and like his manner. Before, I thought he was a detestable bully.
        Picking Corrales, at a time when he was so vulnerable and needed to take off over 20 lbs in a short time, was a perfect example of how the Mayweather Brains Trust would work. That's what the Mayweather team was called by the sportswriters and analysts. Oscar had one too.
        Picked guys when they were either at their weakest period, or who had a workable flaw which could be taken advantage of.

They slipped up a little later on when they got a bit overconfident, or the opposition got stronger. Mayweather with Emmanuel Augustus and JLCastillo. Oscar with Trinidad and Mosley. Also with Whitaker.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
          LOL what does being ripped have to do with it. When you see a boxer face get all sucked up that's my point. Like a sponge that's being squeeze all the water out of it.

I don't get Morales...he's drained as F at 130 but he can't fight at 135 LOL. He's well suited at 140 right now though.
          After Morales got beaten at 130 he said it was too hard to make the weight, and went to lightweight. He lost to Raheem and then said that 135 was too much, and in fact he looked flabby in that fight. He just didn't grow into it properly at the time, although at 5'8" he should have been able to carry it OK.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            Picking Corrales, at a time when he was so vulnerable and needed to take off over 20 lbs in a short time, was a perfect example of how the Mayweather Brains Trust would work. That's what the Mayweather team was called by the sportswriters and analysts. Oscar had one too.
            Picked guys when they were either at their weakest period, or who had a workable flaw which could be taken advantage of.

They slipped up a little later on when they got a bit overconfident, or the opposition got stronger. Mayweather with Emmanuel Augustus and JLCastillo. Oscar with Trinidad and Mosley. Also with Whitaker.
            All horse****. Corrales won a championship at that SAME WEIGHT two years later.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              Are you suggesting he move up to 154 after this fight?
              I think he will be fine after rehydrating...at 24 yrs old he can handle it fine...154 is a bit much for him...he's not that tall. I really didn't think he looked drained or tired at the weigh-in.

Comment

For me it was Morales vs Pac III and Cotto vs Malignagi (sp).

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
                  All horse****. Corrales won a championship at that SAME WEIGHT two years later.
                  You don't know what you're talking about. I was around at the time, and read and heard everything written and said about it both before the fight and for long after the fight. Corrales was off for over 2 years, got time off for good behaviour, but whilst he was there put on a lot of weight, came out at over 150 lbs, (some say 160) managed to get down to just over lightweight I recall. Actualy had a fight lined up at welterweight but it was cancelled. He found that whilst in prison, he's lost most of his muscle and eventually after a few more fights was able to get down as low as 128.5 I recall, can't remember against whom. I recall that one opponent was named St Kitts. Another was named Fuller. But it showed that he'd actually lost muscle. Fought a few times at 130 and then went up to lightweight again . And that was that.

What I said was perfectly true and I'd bet real money on it. He had given up the 130 lb class months before and was much over weight when he was approached to go back down to fight Mayweather. I TOLD you, there was a TV interview, about 20 mins. or so, all about it BEFORE the fight. And that was the leading question as to WHY he had agreed to come down to a weight that he had left and couldn't make. If you think I'm wrong, put your money on it. I'll match it if it's a decent amount. Otherwise shot it op de mout.

Comment

so u think ortiz is weight drained

Comment

haye in his bout with enzo mac looked weak as phuck, drained and disorientated at the weigh-in.. that was his last cruiserweight bout

Comment

Working...
                      X