No announcement yet.

Devon Alexander's chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I know most of you guys hate Devon Alexander, but what does he have inside his chin?

Devon is an average power but his chin is up there with the best chins in boxing.
    I actually like Devon. He's a good dude and has had a nice career. And yeah, the chin is stout.

Comment

He has a strong neck like Holyfield. I notice fighters with strong necks don't snap so easy and absorbed the shock of a strong punch to head well. Think about why Floyd does those neck lifts.....and why he was able to take those solid bombs from Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Porter and Bradley didn't have a problem and it was Maidana's job to neutralize it.
        No that's ref's job.

Comment

It's an awesome chin. When Matthysse put him down I don't think he'd ever been down as a pro, as an amateur or as a sparrer in the gym. And when Lucas put him down, he had no trouble getting back up. The guy's physically tough as fuq.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I know most of you guys hate Devon Alexander, but what does he have inside his chin?

Matthysse hurt him and knocked him down, but with what he did to Dallas Jr, Peterson, Soto, Ajose...Alexander looked like he had a granite chin compared to those guys.

Porter hurt and stunned Alexander numerous times with flush power shots, but never put him down. What Porter did to Malignaggi had never been done so easily. Malignaggi has been stopped standing (Hatton, Khan), but not completely annihilated like that.

Urango if he had anything, it was power. He caught Alexander with flush power shots and Alexander took them like a pillow fight.

Devon is an average power but his chin is up there with the best chins in boxing.
            Shame his heart isn't up there with the bets of em

Comment

He's got a solid chin.

Comment

Working...
              X