No announcement yet.

so i was tweeting fernando vargas last night and he commented on floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i was tweeting fernando vargas last night and he commented on floyd

I was tweeting him how i felt him and mayweather were robbed in 96 and how much i appreciated his effort in the olympics. I genuinely think alot of his fans and boxing fans in general dont show enough respect to that team or our olympians in general who train for years at that one shot. anyhow, this is what was said

anyhow one of his fans made some stupid remark about floyd being scared of vargas and through "tweet more" (a program that allows you to make longer tweets) he responded with this

RT @mannyavalos: @IzzyCarrillo @_FernandoVargas how come u never fought mayweather jr if u guys are both from the 96 Olympic team? I think he was scared of u { Floyd was #1 in the united stares in his division & I was #1 in mine. Floyd is the best fighter in the world and ISN'T scared of NO ONE!!! 👊👊👊

the actual tweet is here incase anyone cares to know

it was interesting to me to see that vargas still greatly respect him and frankly, floyd has never had anything negative to say about vargas. I am glad that they share a common comraderie due to all the hard work they put in those years ago.

Floyd is the best fighter in the world and ISN'T scared of NO ONE!!!
    Calculated use of a double negative from Vargas.

Comment

I always liked Vargas, but he got too big for his britches before he went in against Tito, and I was pleased with how he was appropriately handled. Much respect to him though.

Comment

They both hate Oscar.

Comment

vargas was a warrior. he brought it in every fight. real fighters respect real fighters and their styles. much respect to el ferroz.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
            I always liked Vargas, but he got too big for his britches before he went in against Tito, and I was pleased with how he was appropriately handled. Much respect to him though.
            they rushed vargas to tito because they thought he would possibly be in jail or in trouble with the law before being able to fully develop, the winky wright fight basically showed he still needed some polish it was too much too soon and he still held his own

Comment

I met Vargas at the weigh in for the Mayweather-Guererro fight.

He was a really nice guy.

Comment

Like my man irondan, I saw Vargas there also and got pics with him. He's a cool cat and the fact is that Floyd did try to fight Vargas one time and there time openly didnt want the fight. No one made a huge deal about it but thats probably why Vargas responded like that. I think they both have a ton of respect for eachother and he probably loves the way Floyd was clowning Oscar in the buildup for there fight.....lol

All those guys from that Olympic team love eachother though and dont talk down on the others

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  Like my man irondan, I saw Vargas there also and got pics with him. He's a cool cat and the fact is that Floyd did try to fight Vargas one time and there time openly didnt want the fight. No one made a huge deal about it but thats probably why Vargas responded like that. I think they both have a ton of respect for eachother and he probably loves the way Floyd was clowning Oscar in the buildup for there fight.....lol

All those guys from that Olympic team love eachother though and dont talk down on the others
                  Did you get a picture with him at the weigh in? Down by the Mexican broadcast was where Ricardo Lopez was sitting?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post

when did this happen? i dont ever remember floyd or vargas challanging each other

Comment

Working...
                    X