No announcement yet.

Mayweather/Cotto on HBO.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather/Cotto on HBO.

At least if this is true. Let's hope so, I can't wait for this fight.

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    At least if this is true. Let's hope so, I can't wait for this fight.
    You mean it's not even on PPV? Lol. I'm not suprised, because Cotto isn't really a big PPV fighter when you stop to think about it. The only fighter he drew big numbers with was Pac. And the first time he fought Margarito, it was a hyped up fight even though it had a countdown and not a 24/7 and it only did like $400,000 buys. I don't know how much Cotto's rematch with Margarito did. But it still doesn't change the fact that HBO is making a smart decision here keeping this fight off PPV. Plus the fact that Pacquiao gave Cotto a gigantic ass whipping will cause this PPV to tank (if it's on PPV). This isn't 2007 where Cotto was undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
      You mean it's not even on PPV? Lol. I'm not suprised, because Cotto isn't really a big PPV fighter when you stop to think about it. The only fighter he drew big numbers with was Pac. And the first time he fought Margarito, it was a hyped up fight even though it had a countdown and not a 24/7 and it only did like $400,000 buys. I don't know how much Cotto's rematch with Margarito did. But it still doesn't change the fact that HBO is making a smart decision here keeping this fight off PPV. Plus the fact that Pacquiao gave Cotto a gigantic ass whipping will cause this PPV to tank (if it's on PPV). This isn't 2007 where Cotto was undefeated.
      Hmm... my title is misleading I guess. It's going to be on HBO obviously, it is going to have a 24/7, that's the tell. But no network had been announced at the time Floyd announced the fight. It'll be on HBO PPV, and saying this fight won't be on PPV is just idiotic, they'll put Ortiz on PPV (who never has been on PPV at least a headliner) but they won't put Cotto/May on PPV?

Cotto/Marg II did 600k, so at $60 average (HD and SD) is $36 million dollars on top of $3 million at the gate. Not taking into account advertising, merchandise or their cut from drinks, food etc this fight made $39 million... That is not a failure by any stretch and Mayweather/Cotto could surpass all of Mayweather fights except for Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        Hmm... my title is misleading I guess. It's going to be on HBO obviously, it is going to have a 24/7, that's the tell. But no network had been announced at the time Floyd announced the fight. It'll be on HBO PPV, and saying this fight won't be on PPV is just idiotic, they'll put Ortiz on PPV (who never has been on PPV at least a headliner) but they won't put Cotto/May on PPV?

Cotto/Marg II did 600k, so at $60 average (HD and SD) is $36 million dollars on top of $3 million at the gate. Not taking into account advertising, merchandise or their cut from drinks, food etc this fight made $39 million... That is not a failure by any stretch and Mayweather/Cotto could surpass all of Mayweather fights except for Oscar.
        I get what you are saying. But Ortiz had a pretty big fan base like in California for example and probably a few people from Kansas. My point is, the fact that Cotto got destroyed in a more high profile fight against Pacquiao than Ortiz did in a lower profile fight with Maidana is gonna cause this PPV to tank. Floyd I think is stupid for fighting someone Pacquiao already beat. Even if Pacquiao is the one ducking Floyd head to head. They better make it clear on the countdown show that Cotto had to fight at a catch weight against Pacquiao that could've caused him to have a disadvantage, or else this fight isn't gonna appeal to people I don't think.

Comment

Haha no way this isn't on ppv if cotto got ppv with Margo that just got beat up and mayorga then there's no reason it won't be ppv....

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
            I get what you are saying. But Ortiz had a pretty big fan base like in California for example and probably a few people from Kansas. My point is, the fact that Cotto got destroyed in a more high profile fight against Pacquiao than Ortiz did in a lower profile fight with Maidana is gonna cause this PPV to tank. Floyd I think is stupid for fighting someone Pacquiao already beat. Even if Pacquiao is the one ducking Floyd head to head. They better make it clear on the countdown show that Cotto had to fight at a catch weight against Pacquiao that could've caused him to have a disadvantage, or else this fight isn't gonna appeal to people I don't think.
            I think both Cotto & Floyd will play on that throughout 24/7, especially Floyd.

He'll bring it up constantly about how he doesn't duck or dodge and is fighting Cotto at a weight that's right for him. Be stupid not to and it wouldn't be like Floyd to miss an opportunity to try and one-up Pac.

But I don't think he's stupid for fighting Cotto just because Pac beat him. The fact is if Pac-May wasn't going to happen, I think this is the best fight for him.

Canelo is too green (and I haven't been that impressed from the little I've seen of him). The Ghost...c'mon bro. And Khan....lol.

There weren't many options, same goes for Pac really. Options are becoming limited.

Pac-Bradley isn't going to be a big draw, that's why they were gunning for Cotto too. Pac-JMM 4 would be a big draw but I think most people will be turned off because they're tired of seeing JMM robbed and Pac-Peterson; I mean really? I like Peterson but come off it.

Comment

Working...
            X