Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Disbelievers Ever Disprove the Existence of Spiritual En******?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]

Sure, the makers of any TV show needs to "hype" up the entertainment value for their viewers but I don't think they would all-out "lie" about the paranormal activities caught through EVP, video, etc. There's been other researchers besides the GA team getting the same results without the hoopla of Television. JAT
    Do you think any of what happens in the tv shows are faked?

Do u understand how their equipment works so you know they arent just bull*****ting u?

I think its only rational to be skeptical of results that can be so easily faked. There has been research and many books written on why people see things that arent there, and how people can be mislead, and information skewed unintentionally.

Are u open to the idea u could be wrong, and that there is no such thing as the supernatural? Or are the minds of believers not willing to accept the notion that the supernatural doesnt exist and that would include God and Satan.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
      You speak metaphysical, I tell you an actual medical fact. Our thoughts are represented by electrical currents that go through our brains and hormones called neurotransmitters that go from one neurone to another.
      I didn't know the mechanics of it really but that process has nothing to do with the context of them which is what I am really talking about. Its something I have thought about for a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        I didn't know the mechanics of it really but that process has nothing to do with the context of them which is what I am really talking about. Its something I have thought about for a few years.
        Well, any information, wether its written, sent by e-mail or just thoughts has a physical representation. If you are alluding to some sort of global information field(the thought of which is not new) then that will also have some sort of physical representation.
        In fact, anything that we know of the universe around us has a physical representation, and even if we can not pick it up via technological means, we can make a very good educated guess its there, as in case with 'dark" matter, because of how it affects the matter around it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
          Well, any information, wether its written, sent by e-mail or just thoughts has a physical representation. If you are alluding to some sort of global information field(the thought of which is not new) then that will also have some sort of physical representation.
          In fact, anything that we know of the universe around us has a physical representation, and even if we can not pick it up via technological means, we can make a very good educated guess its there, as in case with 'dark" matter, because of how it affects the matter around it.
          My issue with the whole existence of ideas and thoughts is the lack of decay which is a common theme with things that are physically real in the known universe, an idea doesn't just cease to be because you had another thought or even forget it and we can't measure any degeneration of an idea like we can a star for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            Do you think any of what happens in the tv shows are faked?

Do u understand how their equipment works so you know they arent just bull*****ting u?

I think its only rational to be skeptical of results that can be so easily faked. There has been research and many books written on why people see things that arent there, and how people can be mislead, and information skewed unintentionally.

Are u open to the idea u could be wrong, and that there is no such thing as the supernatural? Or are the minds of believers not willing to accept the notion that the supernatural doesnt exist and that would include God and Satan.
            There isn't a need for your "intensive" questioning here. Let's put the questions to you instead. Are you open to the idea that you are wrong and that the supernatural exists? You know what I believe in and the main point of this thread is to question those who don't believe. So, let's stick to that shall we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
              There isn't a need for your "intensive" questioning here. Let's put the questions to you instead. Are you open to the idea that you are wrong and that the supernatural exists? You know what I believe in and the main point of this thread is to question those who don't believe. So, let's stick to that shall we?

I was just trying to understand your thinking. As clearly i dont agree with you about the supernatural.
              I have never once said the supernatural doesnt exist. Only that i am a skeptic because everything in these videos can be easily faked. Does that not make sense to you?
              To question claims that are very dubious? To be sceptical of so called evidence when it is so obviously flawed?

Im open to the supernatural, but have never seen reason to believe in it. As they say, science fact is weirder than science fiction. They are right now doing experiments on trying to make matter be in two places at once. (it goes way over my head). But that is peer reviewed scientific experiments. Not a spooky ghost hunting tv show that is more comedy than anything else.

Your response to my post just confirms to me that you cant face facts; If the so called evidence can be so easily faked, the most reasonable position is to be very sceptical of it.

Comment

• It's quite easy for disbelievers to be skeptical of a TV show like this. Your minds are not willing to accept the existence of spirits. If you did, you must therefore accept the notion that the supernatural exists and that would include God and Satan.
                I don't see how this follows. Plenty of human beings have believed in the supernatural without recourse to the Abrahamic god and the Judeo Christian notion of Satan (especially the contemporary christian idea of Satan as a sort of pantomime villain). Millions of Buddhists and Hindus believe in a reincarnated soul without having to accept beardy-sky-man or horny-underground-guy. People who believe in pantheon gods or totem spirits have a belief in the supernatural without believing in Lucifer and Yahweh. It's possible to be a skeptic and not an atheist and it's possible to be an atheist without being a skeptic. It so happens that I am both.

Sure, the makers of any TV show needs to "hype" up the entertainment value for their viewers but I don't think they would all-out "lie" about the paranormal activities caught through EVP, video, etc
                There is at least one example of the Ghost Adventures team being caught faking "supernatural" activities in the most basic of ways. Guest Robert Bess claimed that the equipment he was using was knocked violently out of his hands. On the video he can be clearly seen throwing it.

Of course the shows hosts feigned outrage about this fakery, but this was just because they got caught. They lied on camera for effect once, why not lie every time? This is an entertainment show, not a serious investigation. Again - TURN ON THE LIGHTS!

There's been other researchers besides the GA team getting the same results without the hoopla of Television.
                Really? Who? What were their findings? Where were they published? Did anyone successfully replicate their findings? What were the criticisms of their methodology, if anything?

These are the questions that you need to ask if you're at all serious about investigating the paranormal, and you don't just want to find something that confirms your existing predisposition.

Comment

• ladyfan why cant u stfu??,,, are those little pinoy d1cks not doing their job filling ur mouth??.... try having this next time in your mouth it might help u to STFU u annyoing ****!

[IMG]http://allthingsordinary.se/images/original/695__black-****-poster.jpg?1267563937[/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    Really? Who? What were their findings? Where were they published? Did anyone successfully replicate their findings? What were the criticisms of their methodology, if anything?
                    http://www.mripa.net/

Comment

Working...
                    X