No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton-Gonzalez Set For 7/18 in Texas, on CBS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frampton-Gonzalez Set For 7/18 in Texas, on CBS

Carl Frampton***8217;s debut in the United States***8212;and under the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) banner***8212;will take place on July 18 at Don Haskins Center in the bordertown El Paso, Texas. The unbeaten junior featherweight titlist will be making the second defense of his belt as he faces Mexico***8217;s Alejandro Gonzalez Jr.

The bout will air live on CBS during Saturday afternoon coverage. In supporting capacity, Cornelius Bundrage defends his 154 lb. title versus unbeaten Houston native Jermall Charlo.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 06-08-2015, 02:47 PM.

He's not ranked by any sanctioning body.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      He's not ranked by any sanctioning body.
      #13 in the IBF

Comment

LOL. Signs a guy drawing huge at home and puts where none ever heard of him vs a taco seller. Makes sense.
        Last edited by Luiz; 06-08-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Texas!? Surely Boston makes the most sense.

Comment

Comment

Never heard of the guy. Showcase for Frampton in America seemingly.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

Oh... what a moist card

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  #13 in the IBF
                  Thanks for the correction, just went to their site and saw it. I use Fight News and their IBF rankings had someone else at #13, weird. Well, at least he's ranked. Frampton will blow this dude out, then fight a higher-ranked IBF opponent, and then will probably face LSC.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 06-08-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Never heard of the guy. Showcase for Frampton in America seemingly.
                    Probably this.
                    He needs a good introduction fight to AMerica fans I don't know why in Texas though. Maybe it's a long term strategy. I think Haymon is aiming to make LSC vs Mares fight and he wants to match up Frampton against the winner of that one therefore he introduce him the latin-american crowd not the Boston/NY, etc... one so Frampton's name will be more well known amongst latino fans --> Mares/LSC vs Frampton will be bigger.
                    And I guess after that he will sign Rigo in September, gets him a same type of tune up and then he will math him with the winner of Frampton vs LSC/Mares.
                    It would be good if this would come through.

Comment

Working...
                    X