No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Andre Ward on His Contractual Issues, Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Andre Ward on His Contractual Issues, Future

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - Luis Sandoval catches up with WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward to discuss his current contractual situation with his promoter Dan Goossen, thoughts on the California Commission siding with Goossen, what he plans to do in the future, potential opponents to face in the future, possibly heading up to the light heavyweight division for more opportunities and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No... I don't understand.

He's mad that he's not fighting while the lawsuit was on going.... and he's right, it's not like he was mandated to not fight by a judge....BUT YOU'RE SUING YOUR PROMOTER!

Why are you surprised he's not promoting you?

Comment

Andre Ward Discusses Goosen Situation [Video]

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-and...future---77472
      Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-05-2014, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Ward, Guerrero, Nonito at one point.
        All had serious promotion issues, and were shelved for long periods of time, hurting their careers.

Is there something in that bay area water?

Comment

Andre Ward is just a sorry case.
          He's the best at his weight. He has an Olympic Gold medal yet people like Carl Froch, Andre Berto, Amir Khan make way more money than him.
          In a way I dont feel sorry for him, he's a bit of douche and doesn't know his politics well.

Comment

What did he say about Kessler? I couldn't really make it out.

He said Bika, DeGale, Dirrell and Kastanov(?) were steps backwards. I don't necessarily agree, Dirrell and DeGale would be solid wins.

If he wants a bigger step forward career-wise he has to move up in weight.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 05-05-2014, 10:05 AM.

Comment

i don't think it's really Goosen's fault. Nobody wants to fight him, he's got a dull style so he doesn't generate much money, and everyone knows they don't really stand a chance against him. GGG would rather fight Chavez Jr., Froch would rather fight Groves, Stevenson would rather fight Hopkins. Everyone seems content with side-stepping him, that's not really Goosen's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
                Andre Ward is just a sorry case.
                He's the best at his weight. He has an Olympic Gold medal yet people like Carl Froch, Andre Berto, Amir Khan make way more money than him.
                In a way I dont feel sorry for him, he's a bit of douche and doesn't know his politics well.
                He can blame himself for resigning with Goosen during the Super Six

Goosen is getting him paid despite being a lower end promoter and Ward only fighting once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

He said Bika, DeGale, Dirrell and Kastanov(?) were steps backwards. I don't necessarily agree, Dirrell and DeGale would be solid wins.

If they're step backwards, I don't know what a step forward would be int he division. He already beat all the other title holders.... rematches wouldn't be a step forward because those fights weren't close.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

Apparently Dan was saying the money wasn't right. The money for the fight over there wasn't satisfactory (according to Dan). To fight here in America, he stated that Dan said the network wasn't giving the amount of money that the fight was worth. So, Dan said that he would look elsewhere. But in the end, nothing happened.

Comment

Working...
                    X