Collapse
No announcement yet.

have we found the 'new' Manny Pacquaio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't even know how to describe or compare Thurman's style.

Comment

Keith Thurman is the next Kieth Thurman.

Comment

Nothing alike and I highly doubt Thurman achieves what Pacquaio has.

Comment

Thurman a lot slicker and more elusive than pac. He got a good future.

Comment

There is not gonna be a new manny anytime soon,,

No disrespect to thurman, he is a good young exciting fighter, but manny is a once and a lifetime talent, you would have to go back to henry armstrong to find a guy that was a whirlwind of punches that had so much success for so long thru so many divisions

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
              I used to think the same thing, but with how much of his boxing skills he's showed in his last 2 fights, I don't feel this way anymore. He's a smart fighter and I think by the end of next year he will be deserving of a Floyd showdown
              His fight with Karass is why i think this way he loaded up way too much too early and it got him in bad shape early in the first round. What i do like is that he can adjust and box really well great lateral movement so is not like he cant switch it back to boxing after the **** dont work and unload again when the guy is vulnerable and it's time to get the guy out. Cant be trying to one time everyone from round 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ghazan View Post
                Keith 'one time' Thurman

Same exciting offensive volume punching fighting style..always looks for the ko
                I don't think so.

I would bet the current Pacquiao would beat Thurman.

(This is not a knock on Thurman, it's just that he is still untested)

Comment

i love the rigos & floyds of the sport...

but im glad thurman, GGG, stevenson, etc are emerging as stars. they will carry the sport. or at least i HOPE they do.

Comment

Has anyone figured out Thurman's ethnic background?

Comment

Originally posted by 1believer View Post
                      Why can't we wait for these guys to actually beat people at championship level before we start comparing them to all time greats.
                      Yep. It's early to tell at this point. Beating slow turtle moving Soto Karass is not really something to brag about. I have yet to see him beat a high profile fighter. Who knows, this might just be a bigger-framed Berto.

Comment

Working...
                      X