Collapse
No announcement yet.

is boxing effective in street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see Zab really hit him clean, Zab seemed to be minorly involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post

I didn't see Zab really hit him clean, Zab seemed to be minorly involved.
      Street fights aren't boxing matches, 90% of punches on the street aren't going to land clean. Zab was the one who stopped him, grabbed him by the shirt and swung on him. The dude wasn't KO'd and the dude got away with just a stretched t-shirt collar.

Boxing is good because it will make your punch helluva lot stronger. However, most fights end on the ground. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Thing is most fights end up on the ground after 3 seconds, if the fight hasn't ended already. So, you can have all the boxing knowledge in the world but when/if you hit the ground and start the wrestling. Your screwed, because you can box from laying on your back.

Being well rounded(mma) is more effective than being a great puncher(boxing). Because as we seen with Zab Judah, even a boxing champion doesn't always KO someone on the street.
        hy flick, u know my crdentials. but no, most fights dont exactly end on the ground after 3 seconds. it really depends.

the information u know of i believe is from an old police survey - where there objective is to take down guys to handcuff them.

it is not indicitive of a street fight. u can see even in prison documentaries how it doesnt alwqays go to the ground.

i have never had a street fight go to the ground. i have always KO'd them first. even if that took 20 seconds.

Comment

There's only 3 things y'all gotta keep in mind in case the fight goes to the ground.

If you're on the offensive, the ideal three positions are a) the full-mount b) side-mount c) take your opponents back

Now, if you're the one on the defensive, you don't want your opponent to have any of those three positions on you.

Comment

Yes it can, I believe any form if fighting can be effective. It depends on how well you use it and your ability to control yourself. You can't always expect to just punch and move like your in a ring, a lot of fist fights end up going to the ground.

Originally posted by MOREBASS View Post
            The most valuable thing about training in my opinion, in regards to a street fight, is your ability to control your nerves.

While most untrained people will tense up, and let their emotions control their actions...a trained person is more relaxed, and uses their head to control their actions.

As well as a trained individual's ability to do things almost instinctively. Once you do certain things enough, they almost become second nature.
            Perfect post.

Comment

not to mention most untrained fighters will be tired as **** after about 30 seconds.. so even if u dont KO them the first 30 seconds you still got ur wind and strentgh even if u are on the ground to get up and KO them

Comment

Originally posted by We want Floyd View Post
                There's only 3 things y'all gotta keep in mind in case the fight goes to the ground.

If you're on the offensive, the ideal three positions are a) the full-mount b) side-mount c) take your opponents back

Now, if you're the one on the defensive, you don't want your opponent to have any of those three positions on you.
                Or you can be like a cat and always land on the top where you wanna be

Comment

no head punches allowed in kyokushin when you sparr..only kicks..boxing makes you get used to punches when u sparr.

Comment

Hand strikes are a street fighting fundamental. Your particular style of boxing, whatever it is, may or may not be effective in the street.

Comment

Originally posted by phook View Post
                      i did boxing when i was teen for 2 years.. now i am older (24) im thinking about getting back to training just basically getting fit and because i am a small bloke i want to be able to defend my self in tough situation.. y boxing..? because thats all i know and theres a boxing gym down the street where i live and it cost close to nothing.. but the thing is they train you so u can compete with other people in the competitions and thats not what i wana do i get my ass whoop since i re-starting again.. what do u guys think?
                      most fighting styles are effective if you use them properly. like boxing isn't good in a grappling situation and jiu-jitsu isn't effective when you're standing up. but in a street fight, against someone who doesn't know how to fight, it is very effective.

Comment

Working...
                      X