Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Keith Thurman Force His Mandatory Title Shot Against Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Keith Thurman Force His Mandatory Title Shot Against Bradley?

The fact that Thurman is Bradley's mandatory challenger for the WBO welterweight title has flown under the radar.

Thurman called out "all the beltholders at 147" and is accusing them of ducking him. Well, he's Bradley's mandatory so isn't the easiest path to a title shot by forcing his mandatory against Bradley? Instead he's trying to pick on Paulie who is the weakest beltholder in the division.

Is Thurman ready for Timmy?

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    The fact that Thurman is Bradley's mandatory challenger for the WBO welterweight title has flown under the radar.

Thurman called out "all the beltholders at 147" and is accusing them of ducking him. Well, he's Bradley's mandatory so isn't the easiest path to a title shot by forcing his mandatory against Bradley? Instead he's trying to pick on Paulie who is the weakest beltholder in the division.

Is Thurman ready for Timmy?
    Well they got that whole promotional issue going for them... but if they could do that whole Vanes/Lara deal with the purse bid.... sure.
    He's not ready for him, but if Bradley can't fight Rios/Marquez/Pac then by all means, go ahead and make it.
    Honestly, I can see Arum matching him up with the Vargas/Lucky boy winner or an Abregu rematch.

Comment

The WBO would have to force the purse bid and I hope they do.

I think Thurman's timing and counter ability is pretty underrated. I think if Bradley comes at Thurman all reckless he could get dropped when you factor in timing, power and size advantage for Thurman. Pacquiao WAS wobbling Bradley a couple of times.

I'm not saying Thurman wins but I'll be one of the few calling this fight a competitive fight.

If the purse bid is ordered look for GBP/Haymon to win it. Thurman is a money maker. He's exciting, talks **** and pretty goofy at times.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Thurman seems so worried about Paulie when the shorter path for the title shot that he's looking for is through Bradley.

All he has to do is push the WBO and this fight would go to purse bid.

Comment

Let me add more to my post, we know Bradley has no power and Thurman will be looking to blast him walking thru his shots. We also know Thurman hits hard as hell to the body and I don't care how chiseled Bradley is.

Go tweet him and tell him to push the WBO.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Keith aint ready for Bradley. He needs one or two more step up fights.

Comment

I agree that he is still a little bit too green for Bradley.

But one surefire method for getting around the GBP-Top Rank beef is to become a mandatory for a world champion. They will either be forced to fight you eventually or they will have to drop the belt.

Comment

Thurman is also a lot bigger than Bradley, Bradley might be the better boxer but he isn't going to move Thurman with his blows while Thurman bigger power will be on full display every time he lands.

That is not a fight Tim Bradley should take if at all possible.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Thurman is also a lot bigger than Bradley, Bradley might be the better boxer but he isn't going to move Thurman with his blows while Thurman bigger power will be on full display every time he lands.

That is not a fight Tim Bradley should take if at all possible.
                  I like the way this man speaks.

Comment

Maybe Thurman is too green, maybe not. I don't really give a damn. He wants a title shot. He wants to step it up and prove he's the best. Here's the chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X