Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion: What is an appropriate age to let a child start boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
    yeah at that age today its boxing, tomorrow is football next week its science lab..lol...if he starts young unless he truly truly gets good and luvs it...he will burn out by time to go pro and have moved on to other things...but yes..gr8 way to learn discipline and stay fit...kids these days dont know what fit is anymore geez..lol..too much ps3/xbox
    Right! This kid alternates between Wii, XBOX, PS3 and PSP. That is his idea of a workout at the minute lol I don't want him to be lazy. They play Football in the summer, they take swimming in the winter, my daughter is also starting dance so I need to find a winter activity for him. Hockey is far too expensive and the schedule is too demanding and I can't be fu*ked to sit in a freezing cold arena 4 times a week. My daughter wants to box too, I am drawing the line there though lol well, for now at least.

Comment

Originally posted by I ♥ RVP View Post
      Right! This kid alternates between Wii, XBOX, PS3 and PSP. That is his idea of a workout at the minute lol I don't want him to be lazy. They play Football in the summer, they take swimming in the winter, my daughter is also starting dance so I need to find a winter activity for him. Hockey is far too expensive and the schedule is too demanding and I can't be fu*ked to sit in a freezing cold arena 4 times a week. My daughter wants to box too, I am drawing the line there though lol well, for now at least.
      lol well boxing may be better for her than him...self defense lol....hey the WII tho is crazy def not a lazy mans system...i been playen the golf game lately pretty hard..spec when wife aint here she beat my ass first few times..lol I gotta get better...

Comment

lol well boxing may be better for her than him...self defense lol....hey the WII tho is crazy def not a lazy mans system...i been playen the golf game lately pretty hard..spec when wife aint here she beat my ass first few times..lol I gotta get better...
        All my daughter does on Wii is box lol

She is dead cute, I definitely need her to learn self-defence, it is far more practical than me buying a shotgun is.

Comment

All my daughter does on Wii is box lol

She is dead cute, I definitely need her to learn self-defence, it is far more practical than me buying a shotgun is.
          teach her how to shoot one of those too....and erghh boxing on wii pisses me off..its not like real boxing at all..lol....i suck at it cause i wanna do the "real" boxing movements lol....

Comment

To answer the question, I believe 7 is a good age to learn the basics, their hand-eye coordination is still a bit off at that age, but it's serves well to increase that quality in children imo. at 7 the stance, technique, and cardio should be the main focal point, after 8 should come power, speed, and drills, but never weight liftning, strictly body weight workouts.

My son has been training since he was 7, he just turned 8 in July.

Comment

teach her how to shoot one of those too....and erghh boxing on wii pisses me off..its not like real boxing at all..lol....i suck at it cause i wanna do the "real" boxing movements lol....
              If this was a site full of normal people and a few twats, I would upload the cutest video of her 'boxing' at 2 lol She is tough as nails, keeps my son on his toes and she is just tiny

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                To answer the question, I believe 7 is a good age to learn the basics, their hand-eye coordination is still a bit off at that age, but it's serves well to increase that quality in children imo. at 7 the stance, technique, and cardio should be the main focal point, after 8 should come power, speed, and drills, but never weight liftning, strictly body weight workouts.

My son has been training since he was 7, he just turned 8 in July.
                Thank you

Comment

If this was a site full of normal people and a few twats, I would upload the cutest video of her 'boxing' at 2 lol She is tough as nails, keeps my son on his toes and she is just tiny
                  LMAO..ahhh hell funny stuff but oh so true...lol

Comment

LMAO..ahhh hell funny stuff but oh so true...lol
                    I'm not really bothered, but some people take things too far, and I would just be utterly disgusted if they fu*ked with a video of a 2 year old child. But it is class, she stood there saying 'put em up, put em up' lol

Comment

• Originally posted by VEG View Post
                      Did you read the part where an ex-boxer said he had a stroke?
                      the stroke had nothing to do with boxing. As a matter of fact it had been 8 years since I was in a prize ring. I was in good condition physicaly, not fighting type of shape but good shape. It was just a freak thing. They never found where the clot started and had no idea why it even existed. The doctors told me that boxing had nothing to do with the stroke. As a matter of fact they said that the boxing probably helped by being so strong physicaly aswell as mentaly.....Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                      X