who rans higher as a ATG Floyd or Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    Hes trolling Larry......
    Oh Okay, I was like what the f**k??? Mayweather and Pac, no matter what they do, will never get where Leonard is. Sure, I could see them getting in the Top 20 depending on how they finish, but there's nothing they can do to get where Leonard is in my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      See this is why your thread turned to sh**. You're honestly looking at the names on both sides and not seeing that Whitaker beat better fighters?
      I thought it turned to **** when he stated that Floyd is better because he has more titles wins in more divisions against more champions, but when told that Oscar has more titles wins in more divisions against more champions (yes Larry, Oscar has beaten more champions than Floyd) he took it all back and said Floyd now has wins against the better champions.

That immediately killed his biggest point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        I should just give him a red K for writing Oscar name instead of Leonard.
        I agree. That, and he keeps mentioning some dude called Jofre. Who the hell is this guy? I can't find him on Pacs boxrec, Floyds boxrec or Whitakers boxrec so obviously he doesn't exist and was never any good even if he did, cause I aint never heard of him. Probably one of those bum champs like this other school teacher, lecturer or whatever Nelson. probably only beat some of his students in his supposed 'title' fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
          how is floyd's resume better when he has yet to face a legit prime hall of fame fighter?
          Oscar De La Hoya isn't a legit hall of fame fighter?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            It's Whitaker right now, but not by that wide of a margin. It could certainly be Floyd once he finishes his career, depending on how he does so of course. If he were to beat Pacquiao or Sergio, I may lean towards Floyd, both are ATG's, one of the Top fighters in their era's, and are around at least the Top 30 to me. Pernell is so underrated on here.

Greg Haugen (IBF LW champ/#3 LW), Jose Luis Ramirez (#2 LW), Azumah Nelson (#7 P4P), Juan Nazario (WBA LW champ/#2 LW), Anthony Jones (Top 10 LW), Policarpo Diaz (Top 10 LW), Jorge Paez (Top 10 LW), Rafael Pineda (IBF JWW champ/#2 JWW), Buddy McGirt (WBC/LINEAL WW champ/#5 P4P), Julio Cesar Vasquez (WBA SWW champ/#1 SWW), and Wilfredo Rivera (Top 10 WW).

6 titles in 4 weight classes, Linael Champ at Welterweight.

Should also have a win over Julio Cesar Chavez (who was #1 P4P at the time) and got robbed the first fight against Jose Luis Ramirez. Also had a close fight with Oscar De La Hoya while Whitaker was past it, and while Oscar was prime.

Floyd has a good resume too though.

Genaro Hernandez (WBC/RING SFW champ), Angel Manfredy (#1 SFW), Goyo Vargas (Top 10 SFW), Diego Corrales (#5 P4P/#1 SFW), Carlos Hernandez (Top 10 SFW), Jesus Chavez (Top 10 SFW), Jose Luis Castillo (WBC LW champ/#1 LW), DeMarcus Corley (Top 10 JWW), Arturo Gatti (WBC JWW champ/#1 JWW), Zab Judah (IBF WW champ/Top 10 WW), Carlos Baldomir (WBC/RING WW champ), Oscar De La Hoya (WBC SWW champ/Top 10 SWW), Ricky Hatton (#8 P4P), Juan Manuel Marquez (#2 P4P), Shane Mosley (WBA WW champ/#2 WW/#3 P4P), Victor Ortiz (WBC WW champ/#2 WW), and Miguel Cotto (WBA SWW champ/#1 SWW).

8 titles in 5 weight classes (shold have been 9 since he beat Mosley but didn't pay the fee's for that belt), linael champ at Super Featherweight-Lightweight-Welterweight.

I got Whitaker slightly ahead though. He should have had the win over Chavez, and his Nelson win was a great win. Those 2 put him higher up for me. Floyd has some great wins as well, but he needs to either sustain a long run and keep on going for awhile or beat Pac/Sergio. Both are great though, around the Top 30 no doubt.
            Undisputed and Ring LW champ too.

Comment

• This thread is both sad and funny. Thanks for the laughs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth View Post
                Oscar De La Hoya isn't a legit hall of fame fighter?
                The keyword is prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Future Trunks View Post
                  LOL! At you guys overrating that bum! Ricky Hatton! Floyd is in the bottom half of the top 50 atg list
                  Buddy Mcguirt > Diego Corrales

Comment

• Pernell, because it's pretty damn obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      So, who's Jofre?
                      Originally posted by BennyST View Post

So, who the hell is this Jofre bum? You didn't answer!
                      Not you as well, and to think that I actually used too like you Benny.

Comment

Working...
                      X