Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"David Haye's shoulder rehab better than expected. He started punching again!" Booth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the end of the year he won't have fought for 2.5 years, that's a long lay off with a serious injury. I know he looks after his body with regard to what he puts in it, but there isn't a great deal of boxers who have come back and still looked good after that long out.

I suppose he's just lucky that the heavyweight division is so bare. Haye vs Charr, summer 2015, for the international silver heavyweight title.....

Comment

It's a miracle !

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        A fit and fighting Haye would probably be up there.

But then again, I don't really remember when that was.

When he fought Chisora he looked pretty damn good. But he hasn't looked that good in any other heavyweight fight he's had.
        but that fight alone says a lot if you think about it. Vitali, the HW champ at the time, had a lot of difficulty with Chisora and couldn't even drop him while Haye not only dropped him but stopped him.. no one has looked that good against Chisora, including Vitali.. so basically Haye vastly outperformed Vitali..

Comment

He'll come out of retirement and sign to fight Fury again. Then 3 weeks into training he'll "break his leg" and retire again.

This guy is a ****ing joke.

The fact that he still has fans is both perplexing and disheartening.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            but that fight alone says a lot if you think about it. Vitali, the HW champ at the time, had a lot of difficulty with Chisora and couldn't even drop him while Haye not only dropped him but stopped him.. no one has looked that good against Chisora, including Vitali.. so basically Haye vastly outperformed Vitali..
            Vitali was also 736 years old when he fought Chisora.

Comment

So when is the Fury fight back on then? Will we finally get it?
              I suppose when Fury is champ he will give haye a shot?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                No I agree, but he hasn't shown that level of performance at heavyweight against anyone else, let alone a decent challenger.

As I said, if he had followed up on that victory - great. but the whole "i only want to fight a klitschko" was getting old and was quite frankly embarrassing.

He needed to work his way back up with a couple of good wins. Instead we got nothing.

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                So when is the Fury fight back on then? Will we finally get it?
                I suppose when Fury is champ he will give haye a shot?
                Doubt the Fury's will want to deal with Haye again to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  What, fighting the likes of Audley Harrison and Monte Barrett? Haye avoided/side-stepped all of the main 'threats' in the division, scored a razor thin decision win over Valuev and talked himself into a pay day with and schooling from Wladimir Klitschko.

Can't wait to have him back...
                  You say what? "Schooling" hahahahah, you guys I hope are not serious. The schooling thing just got so much overused. Tim Bradley "schooled" Marquez even tho it was a very close fight. In Wlad vs Haye both of them didn't want to get caught with anythhing big. Wlad was scared *****less that he would get that overhand right hand from Haye and on the other hand so was Haye. Wlad only landed more jabs and taht won him a fight, but no, it was no schooling.
                  I was dissapointed about how he fought against Wladimir as he didn't take the risk, but I still think he is a great fighter and one of the best in the heavyweight division.

Comment

Wow, i never expected this news....

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      No I agree, but he hasn't shown that level of performance at heavyweight against anyone else, let alone a decent challenger.

As I said, if he had followed up on that victory - great. but the whole "i only want to fight a klitschko" was getting old and was quite frankly embarrassing.

He needed to work his way back up with a couple of good wins. Instead we got nothing.

Doubt the Fury's will want to deal with Haye again to be honest.
                      that's exactly what he did by beating chisora.. if you remember vitali said that he'd fight the winner of haye vs chisora in the post-fight press conference of vitali vs chisora..

but as soon as haye knocked out chisora, vitali suddenly vanished.. so haye did earn the fight with vitali by easily beating an opponent that vitali struggled with just 5 months earlier but vitali failed to keep his end of the bargain, which was disappointing to say the least...

Comment

Working...
                      X