Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow HBO's Announce Team Were Disgraceful Towards Marquez..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow HBO's Announce Team Were Disgraceful Towards Marquez..

Just when I thought they couldn't have been any worse they upped their game over the last two weeks.

First off they killed Marquez over hiring that S&C coach. They talk about it all buildup and basically paint the audience a picture that Marquez is a cheat.

- Merchant, almost immediately after Donaire knocked out Arce ignorantly states "And the good thing about that knockout is that there is no questioning the legitimacy of that one" or something along those lines, even though Donaire works with Victor fcking Conte and is clearly trying to say Marquez' KO over Pacquiao is questionable.

- Lampley on his fight game show gives Donaire the Fighter of the Year pretty much for the sole reason that he agreed to do VADA testing and went on and on about how the hiring of these shady coaches is what's killing the legitimacy of the sport (Even though Marquez said he would do testing) and somehow, through all of this, that wasn't mentioned at all. Nor was it mentioned Arum turned down the testing for Pacquiao numerous times.

Brutal stuff. So glad Merchant is gone.

Lampley also gave the person of the year award to some doctor who conducts PED testing. In one segment Lampley discusses Marquez/Memo, then Donaire tests, then PED doctor, what was the audience supposed to infer?

Comment

Why didn't HBO mention that Marquez offered to take any tests they wanted as long as Manny took them too? And why didn't they mention that Manny's team dropped the issue once that happened?

If HBO is going to be "hard hitting" in their commentary then they should be accurate and unbiased.

Comment

Yeah, he gave it to Margarte Goodman. The butthurt the announce team were feeling over the week was over the top it really was.

Comment

Originally posted by ManUtd626 View Post
          Lampley also gave the person of the year award to some doctor who conducts PED testing. In one segment Lampley discusses Marquez/Memo, then Donaire tests, then PED doctor, what was the audience supposed to infer?
          dr. margareth good man ..she deserves it ..she's one of the better ones that does'nt have the history of wrongdoing , and the one that said xylocaine should be never used in boxing at all.... floyd would hate her for sure
          Last edited by puga; 12-17-2012, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Although I've always liked Larry Merchant, it was sad to see Larry stoop low and talk like that about JMM in his last appearance on HBO.

There is no evidence whatsoever against JMM.

Manny Pacquiao did not make unfounded allegations - he took the defeat like a man should.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              dr. margareth good man ..she deserves it ..she's one of the better ones that does'nt have the history of wrongdoing , and the one that said xylocaine should be never used in boxing at all.... floyd would hate her for sure
              Sorry I was unclear in my post I meant a Dr. who tests PED, not a doctor involved in illegal substances.

Comment

Jim Lampley is a snake.

He basically defends steroid use before the Pac KO, and now has a totally different opinion after the fact.

Comment

HBO went from bad to worse this year, they're disgustingly biased and unprofessional. Marquez should sue (I'm sure Pacquiao and Co would have), but he's probably just laughing his butt off at how butthurt they are.

Comment

I cant stand Lampley..
                    Unfortunately, hes probably being told to be a cheerleader..
                    I dont take his opinion to seriously..

I usually like Max, but hes becoming a dick rider as well..
                    Roy isnt too bad.. he was a bit biased in his last broadcast..
                    ****, at this point bring bob papa who really doesnt know **** about boxing, but calls the fight how its supposed to be seen..

Comment

Working...
                    X