Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mares vs Donaire a PPV worthy fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fock PPV. $1-1.5 mil each and lets fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral View Post
      Sorry but not everyone has to act like a ****** outside the ring to gain fans like Floyd/Broner.

Mares's fan base is perfectly fine, well above average for a guy is age. Nonito's is lacking a little bit.
      Mares fan base isn't PPV material, but that wasn't my point. He's young enough to get out there and BUILD on what he has now. He can build it up to at least Juan Diaz level if he tries. Do some color commentary, get behind some charities in his community, stuff like that.

Comment

Small guys don't sell in the US, so no that is not a headlining PPV event in the standard format.

If some promoter was to go the route of putting on a great card top to bottom, with each fight really being main event worthy then yea that could be a PPV event as something like that. Those kind of cards are very rare though.

Comment

dont see why anyone would want a fight on ppv. i think its bs how we have to pay for big fights unlike other sports. why is that???

Comment

If Hopkins-Dawson made the cut I think Donaire-Mares could be as well.... Though I would prefer it not be

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              ummm.....do you realize how many Millions that is?
              that's what I thought. If it makes 200k, that's a huge success.

Comment

I'm not trying to insult either fighter with this thread, all I'm saying is that I would not pay a full priced PPV for that fight unless the undercard was STACKED.

This is simply an HBO fight, which is GREAT for us fans. It'd still be a mega-fight, but much more people will get to witness the fight.

Comment

Working...
                X