Overeem Vs Lesnar Rumoured for UFC 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dorian.. View Post
    Just like Ortiz did to Evans?

It would look like Overeem-Rogers all over again.
    I am an Ortiz fan i never claimed he was the best or anything like that.
    Brock Overeem is an interesting fight i could see Brock stopping him early or Overeem ko him after gassing out.

Comment

Brock would never take this fight; he is fighting Mir again.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        I see Brock taking Overeem down and bashing his face in
        I hope you really don't believe that. Overeem has enough takedown defense to EASILY fend off Lesnar's attempts. And even if the fight does go to the ground, Overeem is a beast and has a lot of ground skills. Look at how comfortable he was in Werdum's guard. Werdum is probably the best BJJ guy at HW. And ppl forget that Overeem won the Euro ADCC tournament. He's a top notch ground fighter.

This fight will be won on the feet and Overeem will win it easy. I'll be surprised if it goes past the 1st round. If lesnar is chicken **** of Velasquaz's strikes, just wait till he feels Overeems power.
        Last edited by -Swizzy-; 08-20-2011, 02:21 AM.

Comment

I'd be surprised if Dana put his big draw against someone who would almost certainly destroy him. A comeback fight against Kongo or something seems more likely.

Plus, even if it does get made Brock will probably pull out again. Maybe his heart isn't in it or his illness will always be a problem. Either way I think he's probably done.

Comment

Brock vs Mir.....

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              I hope you really don't believe that. Overeem has enough takedown defense to EASILY fend off Lesnar's attempts. And even if the fight does go to the ground, Overeem is a beast and has a lot of ground skills. Look at how comfortable he was in Werdum's guard. Werdum is probably the best BJJ guy at HW. And ppl forget that Overeem won the Euro ADCC tournament. He's a top notch ground fighter.

This fight will be won on the feet and Overeem will win it easy. I'll be surprised if it goes past the 1st round. If lesnar is chicken **** of Velasquaz's strikes, just wait till he feels Overeems power.
              Exactly. Overeems ground game is light years ahead of Brocks and standup.. should we even go there?

Comment

Ashame Lesnars to big and relies to much on being a big bully with power, because Werdum proved a slick BJJ guy can frustrate Overeem by constantly pulling guard and faking getting hurt to lead him down haha

So with that said, Overeem by bloody murder in the 1st. Might put Lesnar in a coma with a knee like he did to fujita! Dumb fight for Lesnar, he'd prolly retire after another beating. I'd give him Mir, Nelson, or Cro Cop now for the hell of it, or schuab if he can take advantage of Big Nog's age like Cain & Mir did.

Comment

I'm surprised/Shocked Brock could be ready that soon? I'd figure he wouldn't fight before the Superbowl card.

He had surgery and hasn't done any training at all up until now(According to Dana White)

obviously under normal conditions 16 weeks is plenty of time for that fight but didn't Brock have some of his intestine taken out?

Comment

The " Reem" by Ko.

Comment

Interesting! I pick Reem via KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X