Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Algieri vs Devon Alexander. Who wins at 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yogi007 View Post
    Speaking of getting beat up by mediocre fighters, Devon just pretty much got shut out by Amir Khan. lolz
    True he did. Devon has fought a number of world class opponents and did well against some and got beat by others.

Algieiri has not fought any world class boxers accept manny and he showed nothing. He got a win over a mediocre Provo (a lot of posters, including beercules, thinks he lost) where he sustained a ton of damage.

Devon isn't much, but he is much more than Algieiri.

Comment

I would take Alexander in this one by decision, this would be a horrible and terrible fight to watch. Let's hope this fight never happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
        Who knows. Very tough pick.

If I had to bet, I would go with the more proven commodity and that's Devon. But it's a 50/50 fight imo. Maybe 55/45 Devon.
        The only thing Devon has proven is that when the going gets tough Devon mentally checks out.

Devon is a product of hype and always has been. He can't punch, his boxing isn't spectacular and lets not pretend he's beaten any great fighters. In fact every time he steps up he's dominated or saved my home town judging.

I said it once and I'll say it again, even with half the experience Chris has proven to be on the same level as guys like Provo, Rios, Ortiz, and Alexander. And he has way more heart than Devon. And when you have a fight between two equally fast fighters with the same amount of pop I go with the guy who shown he can dig deep and might not win but he won't quit either.

Comment

Alexander is at Ortiz level it would be a shame to put those two with cedible names right now. Algieri-Maidana is B fighters superfight.

Comment

Since Alexander refuse to leave Kevin Cunningham I will go with Algieri by Decision.

Alexander has literally gotten WORSE since the Junior Witter and Juan Urango Fight! He never developed a style and to be honest I am not even sure what exactly he is good at. Alexander seems to rarely hit his opponents with Clean Shots because he smothers his own work. Cunningham has him fighting like a Smaller version of Sakio Bika.

I respect the relationship and the Loyalty to Cunningham because they started together from day one since Alexander was a KID...BUT he is not getting any better under Cunningham so adding another Trainer to the Mix wouldn't hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Algieiri would get slaughtered. All he's proven is he can get beat up by mediocre and top level opposition.
              The idea of Devon Alexander "slaughtering" anyone is amusing to say the least.

Comment

Working...
              X