No announcement yet.

Pac vs Marquez Style breakdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac vs Marquez Style breakdown

Let me clear things up with people who lack some boxing knowledge. First of all, I believe that Marquez won the fight. And now I'm gnna tell you the reason why he won. First of all, Marquez's style is perfect for pacquiao. Pacquiao is an aggressor and he comes in or leaps forward. While Pac does that, Marquez(a counterpuncher), counters and attacks pacquiao. An important thing to mention is that Marquez fought pacquiao twice in the past already, so its obvious he studied and knows how pacquiao moves and also has his timing down for him. Not only that, but marquez is willing to brawl with pacquiao and he might be able to get the advantage in those brawls by being the counter puncher. This leads on to Pac being tentative with his punches, making him throw less. In the fight, Marquez won a lot of the exchanges.

Now people are saying that Mayweather will go through pacquiao after watching the fight. Well, they could be wrong because Marquez and Mayweather, although they are both counterpunchers, have different styles when you think about it. Since they have different styles, you cant judge the may-pac fight based on the marquez-pac fight.

For example,

Mayweather fought hatton and KOed him in the later rounds. Pacquiao beat hatton in 2 rounds. Does that make Pac better than May?

NO it doesn't. Its the same concept with the marquez fight. Mayweather might have had an easier time with marquez than pacquiao did, but from that fact alone, you can't say May will beat pacquiao forsure.

Also, marquez counters pacquiao with a combination and mayweather is more like a guy that would counter with one good punch and use footwork. When marquez gets swarmed on by pac, he decides to fight back. Now the question is, when pac corners Mayweather and swarms on him, will Floyd fight back with a combination, or will he just cover up just like how he did with victor ortiz?

Again, I'm saying that you cant judge the May-Pac fight based on the Marquez-Pac fight and thats all im saying.

IF YOU SAID THAT MAYWEATHER WOULD BEAT PAC because of the past events not including the pac-marquez 3 fight, then i dont see a problem with that, but if you're saying May would beat Pac just purely based on the Marquez-pac 3 fight, then youre just underestimating how effective styles really are in boxing.

Thank you, and feel free to criticize me.

Originally posted by fry91 View Post
    Let me clear things up with people who lack some boxing knowledge. First of all, I believe that Marquez won the fight. And now I'm gnna tell you the reason why he won. First of all, Marquez's style is perfect for pacquiao. Pacquiao is an aggressor and he comes in or leaps forward. While Pac does that, Marquez(a counterpuncher), counters and attacks pacquiao. An important thing to mention is that Marquez fought pacquiao twice in the past already, so its obvious he studied and knows how pacquiao moves and also has his timing down for him. Not only that, but marquez is willing to brawl with pacquiao and he might be able to get the advantage in those brawls by being the counter puncher. This leads on to Pac being tentative with his punches, making him throw less. In the fight, Marquez won a lot of the exchanges.

Now people are saying that Mayweather will go through pacquiao after watching the fight. Well, they could be wrong because Marquez and Mayweather, although they are both counterpunchers, have different styles when you think about it. Since they have different styles, you cant judge the may-pac fight based on the marquez-pac fight.

For example,

Mayweather fought hatton and KOed him in the later rounds. Pacquiao beat hatton in 2 rounds. Does that make Pac better than May?

NO it doesn't. Its the same concept with the marquez fight. Mayweather might have had an easier time with marquez than pacquiao did, but from that fact alone, you can't say May will beat pacquiao forsure.

Also, marquez counters pacquiao with a combination and mayweather is more like a guy that would counter with one good punch and use footwork. When marquez gets swarmed on by pac, he decides to fight back. Now the question is, when pac corners Mayweather and swarms on him, will Floyd fight back with a combination, or will he just cover up just like how he did with victor ortiz?

Again, I'm saying that you cant judge the May-Pac fight based on the Marquez-Pac fight and thats all im saying.

IF YOU SAID THAT MAYWEATHER WOULD BEAT PAC because of the past events not including the pac-marquez 3 fight, then i dont see a problem with that, but if you're saying May would beat Pac just purely based on the Marquez-pac 3 fight, then youre just underestimating how effective styles really are in boxing.

Thank you, and feel free to criticize me.
    You and I are on the same page. I've been saying this for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
      You and I are on the same page. I've been saying this for ages.
      Thanks, many people on here underestimate styles, mostly people who dont know boxing, unlike you and me

Comment

Anybody disagree? or did I just prove most people wrong?

Comment

youre wrong though

JMM doesn't just counter mechanically in a kind of pattern you can break down and anyone who uses it can outbox pacquiao, i just watched jmm and pac in slow motion and what i found is, its not so much that JMM knows how to counter, its the fact he can anticipate pac's every arsenal pretty well no matter how pacquiao mixes it up

pacquaio has a few favorite moves- the jab, the double jab, left straight, and his right hook which he uses it and sometimes left hook
          pacquiao doesnt necassairlly used those in order over and over, sometimes its mostly jab in the beginning, smetimes its just a left straight, very few times he string together all of them and make a 7 combo and JMM knew wat pac was gonna do, adjust defensively either by squatting, backpeddalling or seeing an opening and countering while pac is executing his arsenal,
          it is one of the reasons pac barely close the distance and boxed him on the inside, either jmm will make him pay with bodyshots or he'll backpedal counter

for some reason, whatever it maybe, only jmm sees pacquiao telegraphs his every move

also when pac punches and he backpeddals, its not just his legs that are at work, one of his greatest asset is his neck reflex, when he sees a big punch is about to connect, there's a burst of speed from his neck snapping back that his feet follows

kinda like how mayweather can anticipate his opponents and block every single punch.... thats how jmm is when he face pac, for some reason, jmm has pac's number and its not the other way around for pac, he cant anticipate jmm every move the way he does it he can almost do it blindfolded
          Last edited by KFC(Fforfloyd); 11-15-2011, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KFC(Fforfloyd) View Post
            youre wrong though

JMM doesn't just counter mechanically in a kind of pattern you can break down and anyone who uses it can outbox pacquiao, i just watched jmm and pac in slow motion and what i found is, its not so much that JMM knows how to counter, its the fact he can anticipate pac's every arsenal pretty well no matter how pacquiao mixes it up

pacquaio has a few favorite moves- the double left straight combo, pure left straight, and his right hook which he uses it
            pacquiao doesnt necassairlly used those in order over and over, sometimes its mostly jab in the beginning, smetimes its just a left straight, very few times he string together all of them and make a 7 combo and JMM knew wat was gonna do, adjust defensively either by squatting, backpeddalling or seeing an opening and countering while pac is executing his arsenal

for some reason, whatever it maybe, only jmm seems to see something in pac that can telegraph everything he does before it happens

kinda like how mayweather can anticipate his opponents and block every single punch.... thats how jmm is when he face pac
            While, you're telling me im wrong, at the same time youre proving im right. So if marquez beat pac without counter punching, how would that give floyd a big advantage as a counterpuncher?

Comment

Originally posted by fry91 View Post
              While, you're telling me im wrong, at the same time youre proving im right. So if marquez beat pac without counter punching, how would that give floyd a big advantage as a counterpuncher?
              no see, heres my ultimte point, alot of people say pac punches from weird angles and all that mess and hes unorthodox and all, what i am saying is, the way floyd can see how orthodox boxers telegraphs their move.. jmm sees pac telegraphing his moves...

pac's weird and unorthodox angles are in reality, not so weird or unfamiliar to jmm, this is unique to jmm and no one else, they just get trashed getting in pacquiao's ways.. look at his fights.. now the question is, would floyd figured out pac's weird angles?

its true both can counterpunch but it wouldnt matter if you cant anticipate pac's moves... the greatest asset mayweather has is also anticipating wats coming and blocking it using his forearms or going on the offensive and countering but that has only been true for orthodox boxers

saying floyd can counterpunch pac is pure delusional.. the truth is.. its unknown until they face each other and may shows he can handle it
              Last edited by KFC(Fforfloyd); 11-15-2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KFC(Fforfloyd) View Post
                no see, heres my ultimte point, alot of people say pac punches from weird angles and all that mess and hes unorthodox and all, what i am saying is, the way floyd can see how orthodox boxers telegraphs their move.. jmm sees pac telegraphing his moves...

pac's weird and unorthodox angles are in reality, not so weird or unfamiliar to jmm, this is unique to jmm and no one else, they just get trashed getting in pacquiao's ways.. look at his fights.. now the question is, would floyd figured out pac's weird angles?

its true both can counterpunch but it wouldnt matter if you cant anticipate pac's moves... the greatest asset mayweather has is also anticipating wats coming and blocking it using his forearms or going on the offensive and countering but that has only been true for orthodox boxers

saying floyd can counterpunch pac is pure delusional.. the truth is.. its unknown until they face each other and may shows he can handle it
                You make a really great point. but the thing is, like what i said before, marquez fought pacquiao twice before, and he knows how he moves from experience. Mayweather has never boxed pacquiao, so marquez would know pacs movements more than floyd would. And dont forget that teh first time marquez fought pacquiao, his wierd angles and tactics put him down three times in the first round. It took a long time for him to adjust. And you know what, Mayweather, unlike marquez, would probably stick to his counterpunching because if its anyone, marquez would be the one who engages pac first. I dont see mayweather the first one to engage pac.

Again, Im just saying that you cant judge pac-may based on jmm-pac. The masterfight between pac and may is still relevant.

Comment

think about it the only guy to ever push marquez around and get him on the ropes was juan diaz for the first 3 or 4 rounds in their first fight. the guy refuses to be bullied and has the skills to stand his ground when someone comes at him. even guys like baldomir and marquez had mayweather up against the ropes during their fights. it's like marquez doesn't care if he gets caught during an exchange and floyd will only exchange if he knows he won't get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    think about it the only guy to ever push marquez around and get him on the ropes was juan diaz for the first 3 or 4 rounds in their first fight. the guy refuses to be bullied and has the skills to stand his ground when someone comes at him. even guys like baldomir and marqjez had mayweather up against the ropes during their fights. it's like marquez doesn't care if he gets caught during an exchange and floyd will only exchange if he knows he won't get caught.
                    Completely agree. Marquez has balls.

Comment

Working...
                    X