No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
    I agree with Goblin's sentiments as well.

My opinion has done a 180. Nonito is simply to blame for last night's borefest. And here are my reasons...

a) Nonito chose to go back to 118 after a long layoff where he blew up to 145lbs. Hence the severe weight cut and suffering from cramps during the fight.

- He should've just vacated his 118 belt(since that's what he's gonna do anyway) and returned to 122 or 126 and fought another undersized fighter w/ a nice looking record

b) It was quite obvious that he could manhandle Narvaez, but, he decided to play it f**kin' safe against a guy who wasn't a f**kin' threat, WTF kinda strategy was that. ****, Montiel and Darchinnyan were bigger KO threats to him.
    play safe? you kidding me right?

Donaire's style is not like Pac's where he can pick apart by bulldozing him

heck, Narvaez wouldn't even throw one even if Nonito's left is tied at his back

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
      play safe? you kidding me right?

Donaire's style is not like Pac's where he can pick apart by bulldozing him

heck, Narvaez wouldn't even throw one even if Nonito's left is tied at his back
      I'm not saying that Nonito should've thrown 1000 + punches. But, the kind of effort he is capable of simply wasn't there.

FFS, can you tell me one area that Narvaez is better at compared to Nonito ?

Nonito had every f**kin' advantage, size, reach, weight, punching power, boxing ability, speed and you're tellin' me that the guy with that much going for him is the one that had to be cautious, lmao.

Nonito had every weapon at his disposal, and he all he could do was throw 1-2's all night. I realize the difficulty of fighting an opponent who simply wasn't willing to fight. But, d*mn, when you have every advantage, I expect more out of you, that's all there is to it !!

Comment

• Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
        I'm not saying that Nonito should've thrown 1000 + punches. But, the kind of effort he is capable of simply wasn't there.

FFS, can you tell me one area that Narvaez is better at compared to Nonito ?

Nonito had every f**kin' advantage, size, reach, weight, punching power, boxing ability, speed and you're tellin' me that the guy with that much going for him is the one that had to be cautious, lmao.

Nonito had every weapon at his disposal, and he all he could do was throw 1-2's all night. I realize the difficulty of fighting an opponent who simply wasn't willing to fight. But, d*mn, when you have every advantage, I expect more out of you, that's all there is to it !!
        Okay...

Now tell me one fight where Donaire has gone at someone and steamrolled them, or manhandled them physically. He's a counter puncher, and when his opponent isn't giving him even one opportunity to capitalize on a mistake, then we get the fight we saw.

Comment

Working...
        X