No announcement yet.

Matthysse 163 lbs tonight!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    Oh, understood. I mentioned him being 158 with clothes OFF instead of 163.5 (clothed) because that isn't an unusual gain. But i'll say though, at 140lbs that does seem far fetched in comparison to some of the noticeably bigger guys who've fought at that weight class. Take Ortiz, Maidana, and Lopez for example, they gained about the 'norm' for Matthysse.

Of course they were both 164 at 147 and above, but Lucas is supposed to be at that wieght at 140? Hard to believe, and I don't believe it. Hell, even 158 is far fetched. but hey, showtime confirmed it and I know I personally have had my share of phases with weight fluctuation and how I carry it - small when heavy and big when light. However, throughout the history of the sport and the division, it's hard to picture him being that big when men naturally bigger weren't.
    Yea they both went up a division (2 for Lopez against Canelo) so gaining weight seems reasonable. Its not hard gaining weight, especially for lopez, he just got fatter. Ortiz also was much bigger at 147 looks wise then he was at 140. Its a completely different situation compared to Lucas who was at 138 as usual but gained 25 pounds over night but looked the same as usual

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Ajose is listed as 5'7
      Donaire is also listed at 5'5" 1/2 just saying...

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        so??? donaire is actually very tall for his weight classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
          Because you saw him on TV and you just approximated that "he doesnt look that big" Im sorry your right Showtime wasnt.

They shouldnt have Weighins any more just you and your TV.
          Have you even read the thread?

Yes that was a factor. Another bigger factor, the main factor is he has never weighed above low 150's before. So if you can explain a 10-12lb weight jump after only 4 months, where Matthyse looks no different physically then I will retract any doubts.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Are you trying to say Donaire is taller than 5'5 or smaller than 5'5?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
              Because every bit of logic points to it being bull****.

You don't even have to be all that intelligent to see that.
              At the weigh ins Michael Buffer will be there introducing fighters they strip down to there Undies and Michael looks at Lovci while even though hes standing next to them looks at them through his TV. Lovci looks at Buffer walks to him and whispers in his ear. Buffer nods and says the official Lovci weight is 158.5

Lovci & his TV....The Future of accurate fighter weights.

Comment

• Matthyse maybe overstuffed himself steak and cow heart before the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
                  At the weigh ins Michael Buffer will be there introducing fighters they strip down to there Undies and Michael looks at Lovci while even though hes standing next to them looks at them through his TV. Lovci looks at Buffer walks to him and whispers in his ear. Buffer nods and says the official Lovci weight is 158.5

Lovci & his TV....The Future of accurate fighter weights.
                  What are you a troll or something. Are you capable of using basic logic.

Explain how Matthysse, with no apparent physical changes, weighs 10-12 pounds more then he has ever weighed during fight night weigh ins.

Or I guess I could just take it at face value and believe some BS, "UNOFFICIAL" scale even though basic logic points towards it being BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Are you trying to say Donaire is taller than 5'5 or smaller than 5'5?
                    Taller. He was previously listed at 5'8" then Boxrec changed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                      What are you a troll or something. Are you capable of using basic logic.

Explain how Matthysse, with no apparent physical changes, weighs 10-12 pounds more then he has ever weighed during fight night weigh ins.

Or I guess I could just take it at face value and believe some BS, "UNOFFICIAL" scale even though basic logic points towards it being BS.
                      In fact I challenge anyone here to find me another fighter who made the 140 limit and weighed in over 160 on fight.

Because from what people are telling me here, not only has Matthysse never weighed more then low 150's, doesn't pass the look test, but he is the only man to ever make the 140 weight limit and weigh 163+ on fight night.

Comment

Working...
                      X