No announcement yet.

NWO: Champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWO: Champions

There's obviously more to being a champion than winning a belt. Serious boxing fans know to ignore the 4 title belts for the most part. FWIW, the Ring belt is largely seen as the real prize to obtain for fighters even if it's just a magazine creation. But even a Ring/lineal titleholder can be a subpar fighter on the whole. (ex. Baldomir at WW)

Some people look down on a dominant titlist. They ain't quick to give him props because it looks like he's never challenged. Some people still think this way even if he's beating nothing but top 10 ranked opponents. (ex. Wlad at HW)

Now flip the script. A fighter with a tenuous hold on his crown gets a bad rep from some fans because he ain't as dominant as they'd like him to be. (ex. Jermain at MW)

I wanna know from you guys in here how you define a champion.

Do you prefer him to destroy everyone he faces?
    Do you prefer to see him in a lotta tough fights?
    Do you just accept whoever has a Ring belt?
    Do you value any one of the alphabet belts over the others?
    Do you just accept the consensus #1 guy in a division as champ?

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
    There's obviously more to being a champion than winning a belt. Serious boxing fans know to ignore the 4 title belts for the most part. FWIW, the Ring belt is largely seen as the real prize to obtain for fighters even if it's just a magazine creation. But even a Ring/lineal titleholder can be a subpar fighter on the whole. (ex. Baldomir at WW)

Some people look down on a dominant titlist. They ain't quick to give him props because it looks like he's never challenged. Some people still think this way even if he's beating nothing but top 10 ranked opponents. (ex. Wlad at HW)

Now flip the script. A fighter with a tenuous hold on his crown gets a bad rep from some fans because he ain't as dominant as they'd like him to be. (ex. Jermain at MW)

Rather see a champ win the toughest fights.

Comment

I want my champ to fight the best in his division. If he blows everyone out or cleans out the division. Move up one. As long as he's fighting his best challengers.

Comment

Fight the highest ranking fighters in your division.

In honesty, I thought this was gonna be one of Spray's nsb title threads.

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post

I want to see one guy stand out from the other top 10 ranked guys in his division. Beating all the other contenders put in front of him. Unifying titles if possible. Titles don't matter if fighters aren't doing anything with them. And a guy who has the lineal title doesn't get a break either. Use it or lose it. If he's not going to face the most elite guys around him, fuck him, he's not a champion. A fighter doesn't have to hold a belt to be the man in his weight class.

Comment

As long as a guy establishes himself by fightin and beatin the best comp in his division, I got no problem callin him a champion. The belts are only as worthy as the guys who have em, Ring belt included.

Comment

-Not really. Great champions also know how to overcome adversity and dig deep inside to come out with the win. Also great wars help make a legacy too.

-Do you mean tough opposition or in tough battles? Either way I like them both. Who doesn't want to see an epic back in forth title fight? But I definitely want to see him battle all the top guys in the division.

-Definitely not. How the **** is Manny still champ at 140 when he doesn't fight there anymore? And I still think Vital is better then Wlad.

-No not really. Their all pretty much the same too me. I have no idea which ones "better".

-Depends if he's earned it. I'm not just going to back a guy just because the public likes him, he has to have earned it. Like I'm not going to back Amir Khan if everybody thinks he's the best, he needs to fight Devon & Bradley first.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X