Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Ouma GGG's toughest fight? I noticed GGG doesn't like body punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know of anyone who LIKES body shots?

Ray

Comment

There's a psychological aspect in that fighters often excel at attacks that they don't like receiving. They also respond to things that bother them with an immediate return of the same attack.
      He might be a little sensitive in the body, maybe. Even if he were, it would be extremely difficult to capitalize on that unless you had both hard body shots and good movement because most guys are just going to get obliterated trying to work inside on Genady. You'd have to create angles and really use your feet to GTFO before he responds. I don't know if there's a guy south of Ward who could do that. Maybe Danny can but he's going to have to show us another level to pull that off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Do you know of anyone who LIKES body shots?

Ray
        Do you know of anyone who LIKES to get punched in the face?

Most GGG fans says he does it on purpose

Chollo

Comment

GGG has flaws but there isn't a fighter at 160 good enough to beat him IMO. But the strategy to do so would closely resemble what Vince Phillips did to Kostya Tszyu.

Comment

And Floyd Mayweather didn't like getting punched in the face. I don't know why more boxers couldn't see he'd be easy to beat if you just punched him in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

From 13:43 on, does anyone else notice GGG trying to headbutt?

Comment

Do you know of anyone who LIKES to get punched in the face?

Most GGG fans says he does it on purpose

Chollo
                That was awesome

Comment

Golovkin will struggle against an inside fighter with fast hands who can take it and dish it out.

Comment

From 13:43 on, does anyone else notice GGG trying to headbutt?
                    Seriously, how much are you getting paid to shill for Jacobs? I can't imagine anyone being such a huge jacobs fan...

Comment

Russian Interview with GGG about the Ouma fight, translated
                      Link: http://www.boxing forum24.com/thread...ussian.520638/ remove the space

Golovkin: The most important factor in this fight was my conditioning. The camp was very good. I was happy with everything. The problems started during our flight to Panama. We lost too much time in LA airport. At passport control there were sudden questions about my visa although I had both Schengen and US visa so I didn't have to have a Panama visa. The airport staff took my passport for two hours and I missed my flight. The next flight was available only the next day. And we then had issues with connecting flights. So we spent two days in airports and flights. All this time I couldn't have a proper rest or training. We arrived to Panama half an hour before the weigh in so we went there straight from the airport. And I felt exhausted. Off course we should have arrived earlier but we screwed. I didn't have an opportunity to rest and acclimatise. When it was time to fight I felt I wanted to sleep.
                      My luggage went to Panama first whilst u stuck with my visa, so I could not shave myself.

Off course we could not allow ourselves to refuse to fight after everything that was done. I didn't think about tactics or skills, I just had to win. If you noticed I worked in a monotonous pace without trying to land accurate punches. No tactics. Who out-hustles the other. I hope fighters will think I am flawed and will stop avoiding me

Max Herman: GGG had visa issues and had to spend two days in airports/flights. He had to cut his weight in airport, and once in Panama his weight was less than Ouma's. On a fight day he was always sleeping exhausted after the trip. He could not recover, he had no power. He asked me to bring a cup of concentrated strong tea right before the fight.

Maxim Golovkin: Well we had Ouma as GGG's sparring partner for Proksa fight. Ouma felt overwhelmed and decided to leave the camp.
                      Last edited by Jubei; 09-24-2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X