Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight should cotto win to be considered an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IST-ra-GLEr2 View Post
    And that Brit boxer I can't remember who's in the hof. I just don't think he did enough. He fought everyone that I can give him. Cheater or not.
    Joe "The GOAT" Calzaghe?

Comment

Cotto Promotions vs GBP, TMT and TR.

Much as I love Cotto, there is no conceivable (for me) way he's gonna' stack up next to Sugar Ray Leonard in an historic sense .

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic One View Post
        He has better resume/accomplishments than Gatti/Cuevas, both who are HOFs. That's just off the top of my head.
        You're talking about a fighter who's entire resume is tainted by scandal, his best win(Cotto) is questionable--and has gone on to lose every major fight since then including a rematch with said fighter. I'll take Gatti over Tony without question. Your posts are a riot, thnx for a good laugh as always.

Comment

I think a Martinez victory will place Cotto on par the same legacy standings as guys like DLH and Mosley. Boxers you can make a case for being great, if not borderline. Should he somehow miraculously win the MW belt and go on to successfully defend it(or draw) against Floyd then maybe, just maybe....

Comment

wait, what wins make him a HOF in the first place?

Comment

There is no realistic fight that cotto can win to become an ATG,,

ATG status is for a career body of work.. Cotto is a HOFer but not an ATG...

Even with a win over serg, his career resume doesnt compare to guys like manny, pernell, srl, srr,...

Cotto would have to do some crazy stuff late in his career to be considered an ATG, like beating serg, floyd rematch, beating GGG, and Canelo... Highly doubtful it all happens for cotto..

He had a good career, huge fights, tons of money, just not an ATG

Comment

one fight doesn't make you an ATG

Comment

At this stage he would have to beat Martinez and then GGG to even be in the conversation.

Comment

Cotto will have to beat Martinez, Pacquiao and Mayweather which is not gong to happen in this realm! Why people mentioned Margarito in this conversation is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Death's Head View Post
                      wait, what wins make him a HOF in the first place?
                      Dude if you gotta ask that question, then you havent followed cotto much

3 division champ

wins over prime pauli, clottey, zab, near prime shane, corley, torres, pinto, maussa,

His whole career from 03-present he has basically fought the best available competition and beat numerous prime undefeated fighters,,, He is clearly a HOFer, I dont even think its debatable,, ATG no he is not, as he was 1-3 in his four biggest fights

Comment

Working...
                      X