Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Scully talks about Ward/Dawson, the weight issues, the Miranda sparring rumor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Scully talks about Ward/Dawson, the weight issues, the Miranda sparring rumor

when iceman scully stated that chad didnt need to change a thing against ward i nearly swallowed my tongue.
    i put part of the blame on scully.

Comment

Scully is full of ****. Dawson got KTFO in sparring. He wants to know who leaked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera2000 View Post
        Scully is full of ****. Dawson got KTFO in sparring. He wants to know who leaked it.
        What the hell happened to your guy? I just watched the Bellew-Miranda fight last night and was disappointed in the lack of intensity from Miranda. He looked flat and uninspired in what could have been a career saving fight.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
          when iceman scully stated that chad didnt need to change a thing against ward i nearly swallowed my tongue.
          i put part of the blame on scully.
          It was a terrible strategy by Team Dawson. In the second round, Scully's game-plan was exposed. He wanted Dawson to establish the jab and fight Ward in the pocket so Ward would be fearful fighting on the inside. Dumb strategy.

Dawson needed to use foot-movement to create distance so he can use his height and reach better. That's how Steward and Floyd Sr made Dawson fight, they made him fight tall and made him use foot movement to create distance. But no Scully made Dawson fight in the pocket where he was open to all of Ward's shots, head and body. And you can see that Dawson's skills have declined offensively too. Dawson didn't even know if he wanted to throw a left-cross or a right hook, and when he did throw a right hook or a left-cross, it was a wide looping telegraphed punch.

Terrible strategy, terrible training camp, and he was also weight-drained. But the way Dawson was fighting, he would have lost to Ward at 175 too.
          Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-11-2012, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
            It was a terrible strategy Team Dawson. In the second round, Scully's game-plan was exposed. He wanted Dawson to establish the jab and fight Ward on the pocket so Ward would be fearful fighting on the inside. Dumb strategy.

Dawson needed to use foot-movement to create distance so he can use his height and reach better. That's how Steward and Floyd Sr made Dawson fight, they made him fight tall and made him use foot movement to create distance. But no Scully made Dawson fight in the pocket where he was open to all of Ward's shots, head and body. And you can see that Dawson's skills have declined offensively too. Dawson didn't even know if he wanted to throw a left-cross left or a right hook, and when he did throw a right hook or a left-cross, it was a wide looping telegraphed punch.

Terrible strategy, terrible training camp, and he was also weight-drained. But the way Dawson was fighting, he would have lost to Ward at 175 too.
            I honestly believe Dawson NEEDS to go back to Mayweather Sr. He was the only trainer who actually complimented with Dawson and the domination of Adamek displayed when he fought him is proof of that

Comment

At no point did Iceman actually deny or address Dawson getting KO'd by Miranda, just that he doesn't believe who the source is.

Chad got KO'd. Damn.

I'm glad to hear Scully say that Chad needs to unify against the winner of Cloud/Pascal. That's a solid match.

Comment

The weightloss would always be a problem. A guy weighing 190 will have Big trouble making 168. This is not a shot at Scully, who, as he says, is not responsible for the weight, but rather on Dawson himself, his nutritionist, manager and promotor. They should never have allowed Dawson to fight at this weight.

I hope those guys enjoy their respective share of Dawsons 600k purse. I know Dawson earned his share.

Thanks for posting BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  The weightloss would always be a problem. A guy weighing 190 will have Big trouble making 168. This is not a shot at Scully, who, as he says, is not responsible for the weight, but rather on Dawson himself, his nutritionist, manager and promotor. They should never have allowed Dawson to fight at this weight.

I hope those guys enjoy their respective share of Dawsons 600k purse. I know Dawson earned his share.

Thanks for posting BTW.
                  Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    At no point did Iceman actually deny or address Dawson getting KO'd by Miranda, just that he doesn't believe who the source is.

Chad got KO'd. Damn.
                    He was asked "is there any truth to that?" and he said "no". And then he said those stories were made up. But he also said Chad's brother was there and his brother said Chad got hurt in sparring if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                    X