Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asteroid impact simulator! Pretty cool!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asteroid impact simulator! Pretty cool!

http://www.purdue.edu/IMPACTEARTH

After reading the thread about whether or not the government would alert us of our impending doom, I was curious and found this! Play around and see what would happen!

You would actually be surprisingly safe from the IMMEDIATE air blast, earthquake, rocks, tsunami, etc. if you are far enough away. . . I guess it's the fallout covering up the sun and long term effects like crops, resources, infrastructure, etc. that would probably kill most people. . .

damn it is scary if you think about HOW FRAGILE the world we live in is. . . Most of us couldn't imagine what we'd do if there was no food to be purchased, no electricity, no running water. . . But obviously ya can't go around worrying about this shyt. . .

lol i just calculated an asteroid that is 300 feet that landed in a lake that is about 33 miles from me. . . at a depth of 100 feet. . .

in about 30 minutes a tsunami between the height of 4 and 7 feet would strike me!

no ejecta

in 10 seconds about a 5.0 earthquake would hit. . . which would just be enough to scare everyone, maybe turn some **** over and walls might crack. . . cars rocked. . .

air blast in 3 minutes - 63 decibels (loud as heavy traffic), and would be only at 8 miles per hour. .

NO THERMAL RADIATION. . . so i wouldn't be blinded, shirt wouldn't ignite, etc.

Comment

but yeah, an asteroid the size of the moon there is no escaping. . . fallout with average thickness of 5 miles! would be raining down upon that ass. . a damn tsunami 3500 feet would wash you away. . . thermal radiation would turn surrounding area into an oven. . . air blast would make you deaf and blow over everything. . . earthquake would compeltely shatter everything. . .

Comment

had a bit of fun with that, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          had a bit of fun with that, thanks.
          yessir! i really love the mysteries, powers, and dangers of outer space!

it's just so fascinating. . . glad to hear others had fun messing with it as well.

Comment

Watched this on the history channel. Mankind is fked after this...everything is.

Comment

Working...
            X