Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thirteen years ago today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish people wouldn't turn this into a conspiracy thread.

Remember the dead. Remember there are people on this board who lost loved ones that day. Show some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post

Remember the dead. Remember there are people on this board who lost loved ones that day. Show some respect.
      it is annoying.

imagine if you had a family member pass away 9/11.

it's hard enough to cope with the loss, then you got yahoos talking out of their ass spouting theories they saw on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        1. the most sophisticated air defense systems are on board warships not land based. if you're talking about land based, then russians have that not US.
        it's an extremely sophisticated air-defence system, that's the point. but 19 muslims were able to bypass it. not a single jet was sent out to shoot down any of the planes.

2. besides when was the last time you were in NYC and drove past an anti-aircraft gun or surface to air missile site, genius?
        radars & fighter jets = air-defence system too. it doesn't just have to be SAM or anti-aircraft guns

3. aircraft max speed limits are dependent on fuel conservation, flight comfort, not stressing the airframe. i don't think the guy crashing those planes cared about fuel conservation, turbulence or airframe life.
        wrong. a 757 cannot reach those speeds at such low altitudes because the air is too thick and the plane will break up. planes can only reach speeds that great (600+mph) at high altitudes. AND THESE GUYS HAD NEVER EVEN FLOWN PLANES ANYWHERE NEAR THAT LARGE BEFORE. let's not forget that, okay? but we're told they were able to fly the planes into 3 out of their 4 targets, striking their targets with incredible accuracy.

i feel sorry for you if you believe this *****
        Last edited by DreamFYS; 09-11-2014, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post

okay you're right. i apoligize. i won't post any more about 9/11 conspiracy theories in this thread.
          Last edited by DreamFYS; 09-11-2014, 04:11 AM.

Comment

the u.s. depends on forward deployment for air defense.

our air defenses are deployed in europe and asia.

the ones we have in the us are usually not deployed. a lot in storage. like i said how often have you seen AAA/SAM or fighters? even the fighters you do see are usually not armed.

the ones who hit the wtc were 767. the 757 was the pentagon.

and yes they can reach those speeds at low altitude. all you have to do is go full power and descend from high altitude.

they don't do it because when a plane is descending it's usually slowing down to land.

think of it as riding a bike. there only so fast you can go uphill.

but if you go full speed and go downhill.

LOL at the plane breaking up at that speed. do you think 500-600 mph is mach 2 or something?

Comment

RIP to all those victims of that horrible act.

I was working for my local council doing a horticulture apprenticeship before joining the army,i had just left school.I remember it like it was yesterday.

Comment

That was a crazy day. I was skipping class my freshman year of college (hungover of course) and I caught the second plane crash live. Been putting warheads on foreheads ever since. Hopefully there will be some breaks in the Ray Rice coverage for some remembrance.

Comment

i was a freshman in high school. the assistant principal called the teacher of my social studies class into the hallway and told him what had happened. he returned to the class looking like he had seen a ghost. i thought somebody in his family had died. this was basically pre cell phone, so you'd get personal news that way.

he told us what happened, and we spent the rest of the class talking about it. i was just getting old enough to start to understand what was going on [that people had died, what that meant, what this would mean for the future of the country and for peace.] at 14, the scope of what happened really didn't hit me until i got older. if it happened again i'd probably have cried right there in class. i cried after the marathon was bombed, and i cried several times over the several days after sandy hook. i'd just start to cry.

Comment

I was at work. we put on the TV. when I saw the plane fly into the building they hadn't yet called it a terrorist attack. JUst that a plane hit the building. I figured pilot was drunk.

Then when the 2nd plane hits it looks like the building just swallowed the plane. I could look out my office window and see the smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I was at work. we put on the TV. when I saw the plane fly into the building they hadn't yet called it a terrorist attack. JUst that a plane hit the building. I figured pilot was drunk.

Then when the 2nd plane hits it looks like the building just swallowed the plane. I could look out my office window and see the smoke.
                      im WC time, so by the time i turned on the tv in my hospital room both buildings already got hit and everyone knew it was an attack.

1st thing that popped in my head was this tom clancy novel i read where an airline pilot crashed his jumbo jet into the capitol building to kkll the president and congress.

Comment

Working...
                      X