No announcement yet.

Lets make something real clear...PPV #'s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frankieclutch View Post
    i can give two sh.ts how they split the money, they just need to come to an agreement and stop counting each others money
    boom goes the dynamite!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thread!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
      Floyd really doesn't have a choice. Showtime is against him now. They aren't tolerating his bull**** numbers anymore. No other fighter will help recoup Showtime's losses but Pacquiao.
      There's literally been 3-4 links in this thread alone that confirm showtime hasn't lost money on Floyd's ppvs, but you idiots never seem to let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
        there's literally been 3-4 links in this thread alone that confirm showtime hasn't lost money on floyd's ppvs, but you idiots never seem to let facts get in the way of your agenda.
        i said /thread good sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Master Splinter View Post
          Mayweather's biggest PPV sales had as much to do with the opponents following if not more so than his own. De La Hoya (boxing biggest cash cow at the time), Hatton (legions of British Fans), Cotto (always a hugely popular fighter bringing the hispanic demographic), and Canelo (tons and tons of mexican/hispanic fans to the point where he's threatening to push Mayweather off of his PPV dates plus that undercard was stacked)...

the purse split should be broken down by the total percentage difference of PPV's sold vs common opponents. Seems fair to me...and saying Pac turned down $40 million is ridiculous...everyone knows how much this fight is gonna generate... huge numbers... and pac is just as much as part of that as mayweather so why the hell would he take that and let floyd have the rest? its just not a realistic offer..

That is actually a pretty good point.

Furthermore - the opponents you listed were considered by many to be able to beat Floyd, so you could also argue that fans paid to watch in the hope Floyd would lose.

However, without Floyd on the headline many of the above fans would just not be interested either way.

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
            Showtime has reported they have lost over 16 million dollars on May's last two fights due to declining PPV sales.....

Where exactly do you see the cash how status??where exactly do you see justification for May to have a MUCH bigger cut for a Pac showdown....

tell me why 40-60 split is UNFAIR to May??? (Only due to May being the undefeated fighter otherwise it would be 50/50 IMO)

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-per-view-buys
            I hate when people lie just to try and make a point.

Showtime never reported that. The closest thing I have heard about a 16mill loss is when Stephen A. Smith said "sources told him" about a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              different type deals.

i believe top rank guarantees pac. while showtime guarantees floyd.

so if rios or algieri lost money, it's top rank who lost money not hbo.
              Yes different deals but correct me if I am wrong.

Didn't HBO help Arum money wise with Pac resigning to top rank which is why Pac has an exclusive fight deal with HBO?

If true that would mean HBO loses money.

Comment

It should be 50/50 in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                  That is actually a pretty good point.

Furthermore - the opponents you listed were considered by many to be able to beat Floyd, so you could also argue that fans paid to watch in the hope Floyd would lose.

However, without Floyd on the headline many of the above fans would just not be interested either way.
                  pretty good?? it's the damn whole point....but his stans wont' see it.....

Comment

Let's not lie to ourselves.

Everyone knows that once the contracts are signed Floyd would work much harder than manny to sell the fight.

The latter would merely make appearances at events and flash his stupid smile as Floyd is talking down to him

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      Let's not lie to ourselves.

Everyone knows that once the contracts are signed Floyd would work much harder than manny to sell the fight.

The latter would merely make appearances at events and flash his stupid smile as Floyd is talking down to him

Comment

Working...
                      X