No announcement yet.

'Canelo is not invincible, people dont come to fight says Josesito Lopez *NEW*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    I was just saying that you were stating the obvious.

Oh he WILL get the fight but doesn't mean he deserves it... AT ALL. I mean, GBP is not even trying to make him better by giving him better opposition so that he actually has a chance at beating these guys (Floyd and/or Cotto). They just wanna cash him out...
    I don't like the way Golden Boy matches good prospects with poor fighters either.They are bringing Broner along way to slow. He is good enough to fight the best at his weight right now. Canelo should have been fighting better fighters these last two years. As a young Mexican I think he looks up to Oscar and trusts his judgement and lets Oscar pick his opponents. I think Canelo wants to fight the tough guys. I think he deserves to fight Cotto. It's his tittle they would be fighting for. Cotto has yet to beat a good 154 pounder and he has been KOed twice. I know if I am wrong and they fight I will be poorer. I plan to put a few hundred bucks on Canelo if he fights Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I don't like the way Golden Boy matches good prospects with poor fighters either.They are bringing Broner along way to slow. He is good enough to fight the best at his weight right now. Canelo should have been fighting better fighters these last two years. As a young Mexican I think he looks up to Oscar and trusts his judgement and lets Oscar pick his opponents. I think Canelo wants to fight the tough guys. I think he deserves to fight Cotto. It's his tittle they would be fighting for. Cotto has yet to beat a good 154 pounder and he has been KOed twice. I know if I am wrong and they fight I will be poorer. I plan to put a few hundred bucks on Canelo if he fights Cotto.
      It's not just about Canelo fighting bad fighters but this guy is bloating them and then beating on them. Why not fight bad fighters from his own division? While Cotto hasn't beat anyone good at 154 he has paid his dues and it's just the extra money that he would bring in.

Comment

If I stated the obvious I guess it was because some of the posters were acting like Lopez has a good chance to beat him if he fights the right fight. I am as mad at Golden Boy as anyone for making this mismatch when they could have used Trout or Lara. I am sorry I misunderstood you.

Comment

I am a slow typer and I can't keep up with you. I don't like the way Golden Boy matches him at all but I blame it on them and not Canelo. If he was in charge I believe he would fight bigger and better guys. Let's not forget he was lined up to fight Kirkland and then Williams, two big tough guys.I don't believe Canelo is afraid of any fighter but if you think he is I can't change your mind.

Comment

If I stated the obvious I guess it was because some of the posters were acting like Lopez has a good chance to beat him if he fights the right fight. I am as mad at Golden Boy as anyone for making this mismatch when they could have used Trout or Lara. I am sorry I misunderstood you.
            Lol a lot of people hyping this fight up or who don't have a problem with it are mostly Canelo fans.
            I am a slow typer and I can't keep up with you. I don't like the way Golden Boy matches him at all but I blame it on them and not Canelo. If he was in charge I believe he would fight bigger and better guys. Let's not forget he was lined up to fight Kirkland and then Williams, two big tough guys.I don't believe Canelo is afraid of any fighter but if you think he is I can't change your mind.
            Well, once those 3 fights fell thru to me it was like they just said "Oh well, we tried. Let's go back to where we started, fighting bloated guys from 1-2 divisions down." Sure Lopez deserves the fight but the guy is 2 divisions below and like I said in a previous post, when asked if he would fight Canelo he said no that's too much weight. But like anybody else, looks like money changed his mind. Why couldn't Golden Boy go down the 154 rankings at least and matched Canelo up vs a real JrMW even if it was the 100th ranked guy? For the record, he would still catch heat for fighting a bum tho . But at least he would be fighting a real JrMW for ONCE (sad). Like I said before, Canelo has to have some type of saying in who he faces. Maybe not 100% but he has to have some type of say. Why would you sign a contract where people control your WHOLE career? If they keep going down this road he will make some good money but his career is gonna be ****. He claims he wants to be the best but if he keeps it up he sure as hell won't be.

Comment

i dont like what golden boy is doing matching canelo against a small lopez, hopefully lopez pulls off the upset so all golden boy can ***** in there pants, n i think he can he should be more faster then canelo so he should come in do damage n get out

Comment

This should be Canelo last easy fight

Comment

jsfd26, I have been a boxing fan since the days of Floyd Patterson. Back then fighters decided who they would fight and promoters stuck to promoting if I remember correctly. Since then promoters like Arum, King, and Golden Boy have gotten so powerful they almost run boxing. I don't like it but it seems to be the way of things. I don't know the details of Canelo's contract but it could be he has to go with their picks. Same thing with Broner. He wants to fight the best but will Golden Boy get him those fights?

Comment

Lopez is officially my boy!!!

Comment

jsfd26, I have been a boxing fan since the days of Floyd Patterson. Back then fighters decided who they would fight and promoters stuck to promoting if I remember correctly. Since then promoters like Arum, King, and Golden Boy have gotten so powerful they almost run boxing. I don't like it but it seems to be the way of things. I don't know the details of Canelo's contract but it could be he has to go with their picks. Same thing with Broner. He wants to fight the best but will Golden Boy get him those fights?
                      I tell you, Idk how promoting used to be back then but the junk they're doing now is ridiculous. These guys are like the god of boxing... They just run **** how they want. If it was me, to hell with promoters. Fighters can promote their own fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X