No announcement yet.

What is Hearn playing at with Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Hearn playing at with Brook?

Last year, Brook was a head liner, this year he's playing second fiddle to a debutant, wtf is Hearn playing at?

Well he did get him the fight with Alexander. Who knows what really went on with that?

Hearn really wants to make the Amir Khan fight, I think there's going to be a big push for that next year.

Comment

Rematching a guy with 10 loses that you previous beats is headline worthy?

Brook is a bum, gassed out in their last fight, made it a 10 rounder this fight to ensure he doesn't gas out, made the weight 152 on Brook's behalf so he doesn't gas out and got the ref to stop it early so he doesn't gas out.

Hearn did a fine job getting those IMO.

Comment

He was getting him back in easy instead of making him top a bill with a hard fight after an injury

Comment

i don't think he has much faith in brook's ability to step up. i don't blame him.

Comment

Dunno mate, I think your looking at this from the wrong angle... The headliner was a gold medal Olympian making his pro debut in his home town. Don't think anyone short of Mohammed Ali himself could have stolen that show from Luke Campbell. Think they're planning the same type of coming out show for Anthony Joshua in October. Your right about one thing though, there's no point telling us how good Kell is if he's not moving forward with his career... 30-0, 9 year pro and his next fight will only be his 2nd vs an ex-champ... I'm a huge fan of Kell's but I think him vs. any welterweight champ is a must by next Easter!

Comment

Originally posted by 5*General View Post
              Dunno mate, I think your looking at this from the wrong angle... The headliner was a gold medal Olympian making his pro debut in his home town. Don't think anyone short of Mohammed Ali himself could have stolen that show from Luke Campbell. Think they're planning the same type of coming out show for Anthony Joshua in October. Your right about one thing though, there's no point telling us how good Kell is if he's not moving forward with his career... 30-0, 9 year pro and his next fight will only be his 2nd vs an ex-champ... I'm a huge fan of Kell's but I think him vs. any welterweight champ is a must by next Easter!
              Muhammad Ali. MUHAMMAD. This is the one name that you have to get right if you like boxing.

Apart from that, good post. I like Brook but I'm not convinced by him. I don't think he can make Welter any more & I don't think he's effective at Light Middle.

Comment

Brook seems to have gone from being a major star in Hearn's stable through to being a useful name employed to back-up a major bill.

Hearn's pretty much got everyone except for the Furys, Frampton and David Haye and will have to accept that shows are not going to be built around him.

When you've got the evergreen Froch, Groves, Burns, Campbell, Joshua, Quigg, Bellew and Barker on your books someone's got to play second fiddle.

The one thing that changes that dynamic for Kell is if Khan comes calling and a fight gets made in Manchester or Sheffield.

So maybe the masterplan is to keep Kell in tick-over mode until the Khan's come to the table?

Comment

Originally posted by 5*General View Post
                  Titally agree with the second part of ur post! Kell has been around too long and is too good to be fighting has beens. He needs a step up, fair enough the da fight fell through but there's no need to punish him for it, apart from a name, senchenko brings nothing to the table

Comment

Working...
                  X