Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a president runs 1 term,loses the reelection.can he run again int he future?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    The foodstamp president won't be elected after Romney.

It will be Hilary
    Trust me, if Romney did get into office, we're fini, and we'll refer to his term as the era of complete economic upheaval and utter turmoil.

Hillary will be too old, grumpy and senile to run for office ... I think she's accepted her fate.

Comment

As for the question. Without looking it up, I'm pretty certain that as a nominee of a Party (whether a sitting president and Dem. Nominee or a challenger and Repub. nominee) you cannot run against the next go around.

You have to skip the next election cycle and can run again in 8 years since the last time you ran. Cast in point...If Romney had been the nominee in 2008 and lost to Obama, he couldn't run again in 2012 but would have to wait till 2016.

Comment

After Obama get's re-elected and serves his second term, I hope he takes a term off and tries to do a double term again.

Comment

Is this a Black thing? Because Romney won't win just FYI.

But yes, there won't be another Black president for another century.

Obama has it sealed up.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
            After Obama get's re-elected and serves his second term, I hope he takes a term off and tries to do a double term again.
            Yeah I want to thank FDR for giving us the 2 term (total) limit.

Comment

Didn't Teddy Roosevelt pull this off too?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                lol,naw not at all just interested..never knew Rossevelt was in office for 12 years
                They passed term limits after Roosevelt.

He engaged in a few borderline dictatorial policies. When he passed his new deal legislation, the supreme court basically imediately struck it down as unconstitutional, so he threatened to expand the court from 9 to 15 judges supreme court (he couldn't dismiss them, only add more). He basically used the fear of dilution of power to strong arm the supreme court into reversing their decision.

Basically he said, if you don't agree with me, I will appoint people who do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  Yeah I want to thank FDR for giving us the 2 term (total) limit.
                  I just learned something new.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Silver

Comment

Working...
                  X