No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux, Manager Differ on Switch To Pedro Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux, Manager Differ on Switch To Pedro Diaz

WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (11-0, 8KOs) is attempting to drop his current trainer, Jorge Rubio, in order to hire Pedro Diaz - who trains Miguel Cotto, Odlanier Solis and several others.

Rigondeaux's manager, Gary Hyde, does not agree with his fighter. Hyde believes, and rightfully so, that Rigondeaux should not switch trainers with the biggest fight of his career coming up. Rigondeaux will take on WBO champion Nonito Donaire in a high profile HBO televised unification on April 13th.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Didn't Rigo try and leave Hyde or is my memory failing me (which it more then likely is!! )

Hyde shouldnt be releasing this stuff, if it's such a concern to him, why doesnt he take a smaller fee and help Rigo pay towards his trainer?

Comment

I don't like this move either... WTF is going on with these people.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Diaz is a good trainer and I like him but not suited for Rigo IMO. Rigo is in terrific shape and Diaz couldnt fix Cotto's stamina which is his main problem...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Rigo will fight the same way regardless of the trainer. He aint changing. Who care?

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
            Didn't Rigo try and leave Hyde or is my memory failing me (which it more then likely is!! )

Hyde shouldnt be releasing this stuff, if it's such a concern to him, why doesnt he take a smaller fee and help Rigo pay towards his trainer?
            I agree. This is some Mickey Mouse shit. This kind of stuff alienates your trainers. Who needs that training environment going into a huge fight? SMH

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Rigo will fight the same way regardless of the trainer. He aint changing. Who care?
              Basically...............

Comment

And rightfully so? How does he know. It's like this, Rigo already knows how to fight. He probably only needs a trainer to manage his conditioning schedule & sparring. I honestly don't think there is an active trainer that can teach him anything else about the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  And rightfully so? How does he know. It's like this, Rigo already knows how to fight. He probably only needs a trainer to manage his conditioning schedule & sparring. I honestly don't think there is an active trainer that can teach him anything else about the sport.
                  This is is the biggest fight of his career.... He only wants to change trainers to save money

If he does make the switch at least he has a built in story for the results though

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    One of the most important things a great trainer would work on with Rigo is a gameplan and a training regimen to implement that plan. It's not likely that anyone can teach Guillermo something significant about boxing, but that's not all that coaching is about. A guy like Diaz, for example, would study tape on Donaire and observe strengths, weaknesses and tendencies. He would then formulate an approach to exploiting weaknesses and nullifying strengths. For example, Nonito has a great left hook. Rigo knows this, but he needs to be guided on training for such a strength on the part of his opponent. A fighter can't be trusted to do that alone.

Everyone needs a good coach, no matter how good they are at what they do. You need an outside observer who sees things more clearly, someone that can put you on course and keep you there. That's why doctors have doctors and psychologists have psychologists. No one ever sees themselves as they really are.

Comment

Working...
                    X