No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Staying Sharp, Working With Pedro Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Staying Sharp, Working With Pedro Diaz

The reigning WBA 122-pound champion, Guillermo "The Jackal" Rigondeaux (11-0, 8KOs), is getting in some work with Cuban coach Pedro Diaz, who trains Puerto Rican superstar Miguel Cotto among others.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm getting amped for this but why the hold-up/almost-done crap? ..just announce when signed and sealed....top rank and golden boy both gotta stop F'kung with the media tactics already- boxing fans aware of this one are not them mainstream boxing simps...

Comment

Pedro sucks as a trainer. He brings no real insight just overview on how you can beat someone but he doesnt know how to beat someone with subtle tweaks.

Comment

Glad to hear he still with the old team , had me worried for a sec. My understanding is only the lil things have to be worked out like ihedate

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
          Pedro sucks as a trainer. He brings no real insight just overview on how you can beat someone but he doesnt know how to beat someone with subtle tweaks.
          I think he's alright, I mean you don't have a successful am career if you aren't good, and the cubans have been great under him.

I just think he's still working his way around the pro game and unfortunately for Cotto, he needs someone who's already in the know. Steward and Cotto were a great pair for those two fights, his jabbing was never as sharp as it was for those two fights. Shame and R.I.P

But I think if Pedro can get a young up and comer, they can grow together well

Comment

I'm starting to doubt the qualities of diaz as a trainer in the pro game...

he's an excellent motivator but he had too much faith in cotto's power against trout and their gameplan was all wrong because of it

also he didn't seem to adapt his gameplan well late in the mayweather and trout fight

Comment

I really wish Rigo/Donaire would be finalized. I am stoked for the fight, but it feels like there is a subtle hold-up.

Comment

I remember when damn near this entire site was on Pedro Diaz's nuts after Margarito 2, claiming Cotto was completely different because of him.

Comment

Hopefully Rigondeaux can up his punch out out, that's his only issue going in to the Donaire fight IMO.

If he can keep up with Donaires work rate, he'll win.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I remember when damn near this entire site was on Pedro Diaz's nuts after Margarito 2, claiming Cotto was completely different because of him.
                    can't speak for anyone else but I gave diaz props because he revived cotto's confidence...nothing more nothing less

Comment

Working...
                    X