No announcement yet.

The 175 divition is ducking Sillakh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 175 divition is ducking Sillakh

I want to see Sillakh fighting against top oposition, but Pascal, Dawson and Cloud duck him. Pascal has a mandatory fight and refused.
    What do you think about??
    Last edited by nachorjj; 04-17-2012, 07:07 PM.

Combination of ducking and money i believe. Sillakh is the goods and his combination punching is incredible. Doesn't simply throw punches in bunches but places all his punches. His punches to the body are really good too. I'm a sucker for a body puncher.

Comment

divition???????????????????

Comment

He's not a big draw and doesn't have a big promoter or a whole nation behind him so he's gonna have to do it the old school way : force the sanctioning bodies to give him a title shot.

Comment

sillahk had a great international amateur career but every time he lost in a big tournament it was via stoppage

he's got LOTS of stoppage losses in the AMS

i think we'll see his chin exposed eventually. 175 is a bit weak, but there are some guy at 168 that could get the job done. bute, dirrel, and less of a puncher, but ward would beat the hell out of him

if dawson actually let his hands go he'd stop sillahk as well.

i think the kid still needs a lot of time. he does have some talent though, certainly. he's huge.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            sillahk had a great international amateur career but every time he lost in a big tournament it was via stoppage

he's got LOTS of stoppage losses in the AMS

i think we'll see his chin exposed eventually. 175 is a bit weak, but there are some guy at 168 that could get the job done. bute, dirrel, and less of a puncher, but ward would beat the hell out of him

if dawson actually let his hands go he'd stop sillahk as well.

i think the kid still needs a lot of time. he does have some talent though, certainly. he's huge.
            lol Why don't you go ahead and name me all of these stoppage losses. Just because Teddy Atlas says it on FNF doesn't make it true.

Syllakh was stopped by Korobov and Beterbiev. Those are the only ones i'm aware of.

Comment

The guy is from Square Ring, Roy Jones Jr promotional company. So i'm ready to hype him up and be a fan, but he hasn't fought anybody. I don't know why boxing fans like to set fighters up for disappointment. Don't over promote fighters like that. It's what happened to DeGale as well. You overhype a fighter and claim so and so is ducking him, and that he's gonna beat this top guy, and that other top guy. Then they overhyped fighter loses and all of his fans disappear.

I neither like him or don't like him right now. He's 27 and has done nothing. Andre Ward at 27 had already made his mark as an elite SMW. Sillakh is literally #10 in The Ring rankings, and I think The Ring is being generous.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                The guy is from Square Ring, Roy Jones Jr promotional company. So i'm ready to hype him up and be a fan, but he hasn't fought anybody.
                He fought Despaigne who is a solid prospect.

Comment

Sergey Kovalev

BIG BEAR, Calif. (March 14. 2012) -- Team Kovalev blames Square Ring for a verbally agreed upon North American Boxing Federation "(NABF") title fight between unbeaten light heavyweights, challenger Sergey Kovalev and defending champion Ismayl Sillakh, to fall apart due to a contractal dispute. Sillakh-Kovalev, according to Kovalev's manager Egis Klimas, had been approved as the main event for a proposed April 27tht ESPN Friday Night Fights show in Atlantic City.

"It would have been special having two Russian-born fighters headlining an ESPN card," Klimas said. "I understand that it was quickly approved because everybody in boxing knows it would have been a very good fight. We agreed to everything, including short money, to step-up and fight Sillakh on national television. I have a lot of respect for Ismayl as a fighter but his people are doing him a disservice. Everything was good on both sides but, right before Square Ring sent me a contract, I learned from the matchmaker about there being options on my fighter if he won. I would have agreed to a rematch if Sergey won a decision, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I gave them four options written in the contract. They couldn't lose either way if I signed that contract."

Kovalev (17-0-1, 15 KOs), born in Chelyabinsk but now living in Big Bear, California, was a highly-decorated Russian amateur boxer (193-22). Trained by Abel Sanchez, Sergey is the reigning WBC Asian Boxing Council 175-pound champion, rated No. 12 by the World Boxing Council ("WBC").

Ukrainian-born Sillakh (17-0, 14 KOs) lives in Simi Valley, California. The 27-year-old is highly rated - #2 World Boxing Council, #6 International Boxing Federation ("IBF"), #10 World Boxing Association ("WBA") and #10 The Ring Magazine - and considered a rising star in boxing. Unable to get any of the world champions or top contenders in the ring, Sillakh has been portrayed by Square Ring as being the most feared fighter in his division, which Klimas' asserts is nothing more than promotional propaganda.

"This is just another example of a promoter protecting its fighter, which is exactly what's wrong with boxing today," an irate Klimas added. "Sillakh's NABF title defense is overdue and they sent out an email to a lot of top light heavyweights looking for a fight. We accepted the challenge but then they put four options in the contract. They can't have it both ways. If Sillakh is the best light heavyweight in the world, somebody that no other top light heavyweight will fight, as they claim, why do they need four options on my fighter? I can see putting a rematch clause in the contract. I asked John Wirt (President of Square Ring) why he put four options in the contract and he said to protect his fighter and company. I guess they aren't really sure Sillakh can beat Kovalev."

Kovalev is a promotional free-agent who, based on recent conversations conducted by Klimas, has offers on the table from a few major promoters to sign an exclusive contract

Read More: http://ringnews24.com/index.php/boxi...#ixzz1sLdKGaWv

Comment

Sergey Kovalev

BIG BEAR, Calif. (March 14. 2012) -- Team Kovalev blames Square Ring for a verbally agreed upon North American Boxing Federation "(NABF") title fight between unbeaten light heavyweights, challenger Sergey Kovalev and defending champion Ismayl Sillakh, to fall apart due to a contractal dispute. Sillakh-Kovalev, according to Kovalev's manager Egis Klimas, had been approved as the main event for a proposed April 27tht ESPN Friday Night Fights show in Atlantic City.

"It would have been special having two Russian-born fighters headlining an ESPN card," Klimas said. "I understand that it was quickly approved because everybody in boxing knows it would have been a very good fight. We agreed to everything, including short money, to step-up and fight Sillakh on national television. I have a lot of respect for Ismayl as a fighter but his people are doing him a disservice. Everything was good on both sides but, right before Square Ring sent me a contract, I learned from the matchmaker about there being options on my fighter if he won. I would have agreed to a rematch if Sergey won a decision, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I gave them four options written in the contract. They couldn't lose either way if I signed that contract."

Kovalev (17-0-1, 15 KOs), born in Chelyabinsk but now living in Big Bear, California, was a highly-decorated Russian amateur boxer (193-22). Trained by Abel Sanchez, Sergey is the reigning WBC Asian Boxing Council 175-pound champion, rated No. 12 by the World Boxing Council ("WBC").

Ukrainian-born Sillakh (17-0, 14 KOs) lives in Simi Valley, California. The 27-year-old is highly rated - #2 World Boxing Council, #6 International Boxing Federation ("IBF"), #10 World Boxing Association ("WBA") and #10 The Ring Magazine - and considered a rising star in boxing. Unable to get any of the world champions or top contenders in the ring, Sillakh has been portrayed by Square Ring as being the most feared fighter in his division, which Klimas' asserts is nothing more than promotional propaganda.

"This is just another example of a promoter protecting its fighter, which is exactly what's wrong with boxing today," an irate Klimas added. "Sillakh's NABF title defense is overdue and they sent out an email to a lot of top light heavyweights looking for a fight. We accepted the challenge but then they put four options in the contract. They can't have it both ways. If Sillakh is the best light heavyweight in the world, somebody that no other top light heavyweight will fight, as they claim, why do they need four options on my fighter? I can see putting a rematch clause in the contract. I asked John Wirt (President of Square Ring) why he put four options in the contract and he said to protect his fighter and company. I guess they aren't really sure Sillakh can beat Kovalev."

Kovalev is a promotional free-agent who, based on recent conversations conducted by Klimas, has offers on the table from a few major promoters to sign an exclusive contract

Comment

Working...
                    X