No announcement yet.

18th Feb - Channel 5 Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18th Feb - Channel 5 Boxing

Promoter Mick Hennessy has been given a great opportunity to not only showcase his fighters but to promote the sport of boxing in the UK.

So why has he built such a weak looking card?

The main event features undefeated rising talent, Kid Galahad, who takes on former world title challenger Jason Booth. I feel that this might have come too soon for Galahad, 21, who's previous opponents have been journeymen and although Booth is on the decline, it's still a big test.

Tyson Fury's cousin, Phill Fury is on the undercard against journeyman Lee Noble in a fight for the Central Area middleweight title. This fight belongs at the arse-end of a Hungarian Friday fight night card not on Channel 5.

Lenny Daws starts off his 2012 with a fight against Birmingham's Chris Truman. Daws is a good domestic level fighter but his opponent, Truman with a record of 8 wins and 1 loss isn't going to put up much resistance.

Chris Eubank Jr steps up and takes on Jason Ball in a 6 round bout. Ball, 28, is a durable journeyman who packs a bit of a punch. I think he'll give Eubank Jr the chance to showcase his offensive ability. Ball will be much more open and aggressive than Eubank's first opponent who spent the majority of the bout covering up.

The rest of the undercard is poor after these fights.

Looking forward to seeing Eubank Jr fight. Meant to be a tough guy who he's fighting- former MMA fighter or something.

Comment

I do not mind the low budget cards on tv. I would rather see them than hear about them.

Comment

Channel 5 will only be showing the Eubank and Galahad fights, the Phil Fury fight will only be shown if those 2 fights end early.

This card clashes with the Chisora Klitsckho fight but since no one has boxnation it wont bother Channel 5 to much.

Comment

It sounds about right for Channel 5.

Comment

Surely they're more likely to show the Daws fight than Fury's?

Comment

Fury is off the card.

Comment

Irish prospect Dee Walsh (1-0) is fighting Lee Noble

Comment

Well I guess he answered the doubts, looked very good against Booth. Eubank Jr, rather than withdraw from the fight, took on Ball one handed and gave him a boxing lesson. Ball looked open for that right and I'm adamant that once his right hand heals, he can stop him.

Comment

ffs, it ran late and my sky+ recording didnt go on long enough to catch any of the eubank fight.

And with it cutting out just before rd 5 of the magee fight as well, my sunday didnt go completley to plan.

was the eubank fight any good?

Comment

Working...
                    X