This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Well, Germany certainly is. European countries such as England deserve no credit for this win.
    P4P greatest continent in the world. Proud European tonight. That's 3 straight world cups for me buddy.

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
    You are a yank, stick to baseball and McDonald's.
    Let Europeans talk about soccer.
    Soccer? Lmao, sort it out mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
      The match itself wasn't that great, but overall the World Cup Brazil was one of the best I've seen.

Congrats to the Germans for playing so well. They earned it and deserved it.

Argentina played well at times, they had two great opportunities in particular Higuain who should have scored. When you play a team like Germany you have to capitalize on those opportunities because they don't give you very many.

I thought the Argentinian coach made some bad decisions playing both Palacio and Aguerro. In particular because their defense was gassed and Aguerro gave them nothing the entire tournament he was the biggest bust. That ended up costing them in the end.

Messi deserved Golden Ball he's a special player and had a good tournament. He carried the team, along with Di Maria. I thought it was between him and Rodriguez. Mueller should def. not have gotten the Silver Ball. I agree with Robben getting the Bronze Ball he was great.
      Fuck me, what an analysis. With Alan Hansen retiring, think you should send that wonderful piece into the bbc. Might get you a job mate.

Comment

• Great world cup. Best I've seen. A couple of weeks time and I'll be buzzing for the prem but at this moment I feel a little depressed.

The last month has been a non stop piss-up.

I was at a party watching England play Italy at 11pm on a Saturday night in the middle of the Amazon jungle. That actually happened and I feel quite lucky to say I was alive to witness something like that!

Brazil ****ing delivered

Comment

• Congrats to the Germans, great performance.

I wanted the Argies to win it but wanted also Germany because of Miroslav Klose. 3 World Cups without a trophy and this one and his last one he gets it.

What a way to retire from international competition .

Comment

• Messi flopped in a final surrounded by superstars, while Ronaldo scored a brilliant penalty in the Champions League final. Sums up who the best of 2014 was.

Another Balón D or coming up for the boy Cris Ron to further cement his status as the greatest of all time.

Comment

• Just some food for thought here upon the aftermath of the WC final-

Is it me or did anybody else recognise that there was a ridiculous propensity of over reliance on certain players by their teams? Brazil were over reliant on Neymar to make something to happen, Italy were over reliant on Pirlo, Portugal on Ronaldo, Uruguay on Suarez, Argentina on Messi etc. There was too much burden on these players and their teams failed to ensure that the team would be in good stead if they were absent. Could the term one man bandit be applicable here?

Which brings me to my next point, more specifically about Argentina. Lavezzi, Aguero, Higuain, Palacio, Di Maria, Perez, that's an embarrassment of riches in terms of attacking quality, you could build teams around some of these guys yet they were injured or poor in the final. For all the flack Messi is getting, I really think some of his team mates really let him down.

On the other hand, Garay and Mascherano have been superb. Rojo and Romero surprised me the most, they were both terrific too

Comment

• Argentina were negative all through the tournament.... they scored 2 goals in there last 4 games! and one of those was deep in extra time..

Can someone tell me what messi did after the group stages (the amazing bosnia, iran, Nigeria).. He set up di maria.. but that was more down to Palacio doing great work.. Since then he has done FA.. and basically been a passenger

Last night he started ok for the first 20 mins then just faded.. the easy miss and terrible free kick summed up his WC

Comment

• Originally posted by Krewella Boyy View Post
                  Messi flopped in a final surrounded by superstars, while Ronaldo scored a brilliant penalty in the Champions League final. Sums up who the best of 2014 was.

Another Balón D or coming up for the boy Cris Ron to further cement his status as the greatest of all time.
                  You are ****in ******, you yanks know nothing about this sport

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                    You are ****in ******, you yanks know nothing about this sport
                    Tell Georges that he ****ed his gay uncles cattle.

Comment

• The way Lionel Messi dealt with the loss was impressive. He kept standing up, never started crying, even though he was obviously very disappointed. A real champion and so, so much class. Had it been Cristiano Ronaldo, he would have been rolling on the floor, crying like a baby.

Comment

Working...
                      X