Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Manny Steward said his love child Tommy Hearns will beat Floyd and RJJ. AGREE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Hearns ain't something speacial cos he was... he's one of my fave fighters and a beast but at 160 dewitt beat him and hagler, 168 barkley beat him... even though he was 6' 1, he looked small and thin at these weights compared to the big boys... RJJ was physically tremendous.
    I think boxers like Hoya and Trinidad and the modern guys get a bad rep... people don't think they're on the same level but you only have to watch the fights to know they are, its like if you take two top guys from any era, in theory they should be 50 50 fights more or less its just style match ups...
    put it this way, i watch hearns and can see moments in his game where i think a RJJ or FMJ could counter and take advantage or expose a few weaknesses and vice versa... i think RJJ would beat hearns handily and im saying there is no reason to count floyd out... not saying he would win but he certainly could.

Comment

Hearns (147) stops Floyd

RJJ (160lbs) wins UD over Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
        Yeh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Hearns ain't something speacial cos he was... he's one of my fave fighters and a beast but at 160 dewitt beat him and hagler, 168 barkley beat him... even though he was 6' 1, he looked small and thin at these weights compared to the big boys... RJJ was physically tremendous.
        I think boxers like Hoya and Trinidad and the modern guys get a bad rep... people don't think they're on the same level but you only have to watch the fights to know they are, its like if you take two top guys from any era, in theory they should be 50 50 fights more or less its just style match ups...
        put it this way, i watch hearns and can see moments in his game where i think a RJJ or FMJ could counter and take advantage or expose a few weaknesses and vice versa... i think RJJ would beat hearns handily and im saying there is no reason to count floyd out... not saying he would win but he certainly could.
        I don't think Floyd could rely on counter punching and defense solely to beat Hearns, and at Welterweight Floyd isn't as offensive minded as he was at 130-135-140, which he'd need to be to beat Hearns. Leonard was just as fast, stronger, bigger than Floyd and was losing their 1st fight going into the 13th round. I also don't think Floyd's punches would have any real effect on Hearns.

Comment

Hearns beats Floyd.

Comment

craigus, in assessing a match between jones, and hearns, sizewise, @ at 160, hagler, barkley @ 168, dewitt, etc. were naturally bigger than hearns at the weight, but hearns, was taller, lean, and had the punch of a heavyweight, so, those guys, and anybody for that matter, had to take tommy hearns punch, and then walk through him, to beat him...we know that rj's game is not to walk a fighter down, but to box at a safe distance, and not take too many chances...craigus, i like to take a fighters past history, and strengths/weaknesses in fights, into account when i'm making an accurate assessment, especially in fantasy fights between 2 atgs, my man...we know jones had problems with a tommy hearns-esque fighter in tarver, and in a fastasy fight with jones and hearns, the problems that jones had with tarver, a fighter who had height, reach advantage, could box, and could jab over his jab, and land a big shot, would be the same problems, jones would have with the atg fighter in hearns imo, my man...

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
              I just viewed the pole and its amazing how emmotions over rule logic... Hearns losses to both these guys, Roy is more likely to put him out tho.
              At the sametime, Hearns has as much a chance to put Roy out a Roy has to put him out. Both Roy and Hearns have shown a weakness, when they get hit they get hurt, esspecially to the chin.
              In Hearns case he Stays hurt, Roy just goes to sleep. Floyd beats both these guys far more than they beat him.
              It's poll not pole you moron.

Comment

http://youtu.be/mhX72YHFGFs

Hearns, Leonard etc... They were the best of the best in their day... top of their game, just as Floyd, Manny, RJJ etc are all the best of their day... none are levels above one another, they are all fantastic but although I pick Hearns as the guy everyone would want to avoid due to his awkwardness and power... just watch the 2nd round in that video and tell me they're on another level to RJJ, Floyd or Manny or any of the other greats.
                IMO RJJ smokes Hearns as he is too big, too quick, too powerful and Floyd is a bit small but the Floyd of 140/135 at 147 could beat Hearns over 12 IMO.

You forget heart man.

If they are all similar skills and talent, heart decides everything.

Tommy and Sugar Ray had hearts the size of Mount Everest. Floyd's heart is the size of a pea, manny's heart is doubtful, Roy I guess had heart for a few of his fights but he was no frazier.

T

Comment

not trying to rag on midget floyd

but the moment Floyd feels Tommy's big telephone baseball bat falcon punch he woulda taken a knee...

taken
                  a

knee

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    Hearns beats Floyd at 147 or 154 easily
                    Hearns-Roy at 160-175?
                    Roy beats Hearns for sure at 175 and 168
                    at 160? either guy can win
                    I have nothing to add to this. Maybe I would subtract the "easily" part.

Comment

He'd stop Floyd, but no one beats a prime RJJ in my mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X