Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

..Cotto-Mayweather/Hatton: William Dettloff's Take...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
    I disagree.

First I don't get this "Floyd is a boxing genius" ****. Where are you coming up with that? He's no smarter than either Hatton or Cotto. Floyd's a talented boxer, but he's absolutely no friggin genius. That's just crap.

Second, triangulation is a weak analysis. Corley the journeyman can hardly be used as a legitimate benchmark for anything.

Third, Floyd has one body shot knock down after leaving 130 that I remember. Some boxers never have even one, but I do not believe that Floyd is "amazing" going to the body. In fact, he's quite unexceptional in this area.

Fourth, if anybody will be subject to body shots between Cotto and Floyd, you can be sure it will be Floyd. There is no way Floyd can be compared to Cotto going to the body.

Fifth, what does "Cotto would have to sell out" mean? Floyd is good at controlling the pace, but so is Cotto.

Cotto whips Floyd rather handily IMO. Apparently Floyd has concerns himself because he's already negated the idea that he will ever fight Cotto.

That post is a singularly fine example of nuthugging. Talk about blowing Floyd out of proportion. Holy ****!
    where am i coming up with floyd is a boxign genius? umm... let's see, from watching all of fights first off, and watching them in depth, unlike you obviously, because if you have watched all of his fights, you would see why i put this in my posts damn near everytime i post. he is a much smarter fighter than cotto and hatton, because of how he first adjusts to fighters, who are bigger than him naturally and smaller than him, which is why he's still undefeated in 5 weight classes. he knows how to read any fighter and make adjustments to their styles very well and in turn dominate them. he has to be a boxing genius to do this, and on top of this, i called him a boxing genius because mostly every opponent he's faced and boxing expert seems to always claim that boxing floyd mayweather is suicide, because no one outboxes mayweather, so this only shows me that he is a boxing genius.

throw all of that nuthugging bull**** out of the window because it's old and redundant. if you really cannot have a decent argument with me without resorting to insults, then don't respond to my posts.

now, saying the triangulation is weak is one thing, but i was responding to the video someone put in their post, which i didn't see you respond to, what's up with that? corley may have been a journeyman, but he hit pretty hard and he only had 2 losses coming into the fight with floyd, and one was to judah, who would have given cotto many problems at that weight. and, corley was never knocked out until he fought cotto and he shouldn't have been knocked out in that fight. he went down but was not too hurt to where he couldn't go on. it was a hometown stoppage like larry merchant said, and it was bull****. had it been in the states, it would have not been stopped. and, this journeyman rocked both floyd and cotto, so he was a tough journeyman wasn't he?

now, just because floyd has one bodyshot knockdown after 130(which is a lie, seeing how he knocked down bruseles at140 and knocked out mitchell at 147, but i'll go with your comment and work off of it) dosn't mean he goes to the body bad, because if you really watched his fights, you would see that he breaks you down, which is what floyd has always done, he doesn't have to be teh hardest body puncher to break you down, but he is an accurate body puncher and he places his punches to the exact spot to wear his opponents down and he did this against gatti and judah in depth and of course this was after 130. he wore zab down because he knew that zab has a tendency to burn out in the later rounds. he slowed zab down with great hooks to his rib cage and to the pivot of his stomach, and he knew that the best way to beat zab if you're not a big puncher is to wear his body down because he is fast as **** with his punches. against cotto, who is a magnificent body puncher, floyd would land fast body punches and wear him down but he would do it in a controlled manner and pace which he's always done against bigger guys and he'll make them count, cotto is too slow for floyd, and cotto is not slow by any means, but how he controls a fight is much slower than floyd does, which is a big reason why floyd would tear him up. floyd's control added to his ring generalship would kill cotto. cotto turns it up as rounds go on against guys who he wears down or has bad stamina or subpar stamina, but against floyd, who has the best stamina arguably in boxing, he would have to be on his ass from round one, and floyd is so smart, because even when he goes to the ropes and gets defensive when he punches himself out, he controls the pace of the action but defensively, which is something cotto hasn't mastered yet, and this is why cotto is not smarter than floyd(another reason i should say). cotto would have to wear floyd down to his body and in doing this he would have to bully floyd like oscar tried to do and he knows his stamina would have to be amazing because he will not land his punches in depth onto floyd's body, most of them will hit floyd's arms and hands, but i believe cotto would have to sell out doing this. he would have to swarm the **** out of floyd to achieve this, because if he decides to try to outbox floyd like he tried with shane(who floyd is much better than and would beat shane also) he's in for an embarrissing night even more. cotto would have to impose his strength but in a unorthodix manner to land on floyd effectively but he would have control his punches which he does pretty well to land some hard shots to floyd's pivotal areas of his body, i've never seen floyd hurt bad by a body shot, even in the castillo fights. cotto has the power to do this and the will, but does he have the the patience to do this? this i don't believe he does, but floyd does and this is why floyd is too methodical of a figher for any fighter at 147, let alone cotto. floyd is a master at adjusting/changing speeds to wear his opponents down, and not to mention his stamina. cotto hasn't proved this yet, but only time will tell. imo, cotto would be overwhelmed against floyd.

and, by the way, floyd would not be handled by cotto at all, it would be the other way around.

Comment

floyd would defeat cotto in other words.

Comment

Working...
      X