Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Kessler the number #1 168 Pounder Before fighting Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madvillain View Post
    No.

1. Bute
    2. Abraham
    3. Froch
    4. Taylor
    5. Ward

Bute would move from 2 to 1 as no one has defeated him, Taylor would be over Ward, but not the two guys that beat him.
    Exactly ok but then I have to ask what happened to the theory of beating the man who beat the man?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Yes Ward resume has potential with the upcoming Miranda fight. if Miranda wins and Ward beats Taylor in his next fight. Then yes Ward will be the #1 guy IMO. But, the whole he beat the guy who beat the guy so he is best. To me is bogus cuz there is no lineal claim. If you use that logic then that would make Taylor the best SMW.
      No, Taylor would be placed over Ward should he defeat him, but not over the two guys that defeated him. Bute, originally #2, would move up to #1. If we used your logic, then ratings don't matter at all, we place everyone anywhere we want to and we don't know who the real class of the division is.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
        They need to just ban all the belts.

yes, true...I remember Lewis taking the IBO belt and making a statement with it.

But I don't rate these things to highly because they tend to have the odd fighter rated to highly.
        I can't argue with that... I don't like any of them. But, if I have to chose I will chose the IMO cuz I am so disgusted with major 4. They are garbage.

And, you asked Carnivore a question about Benny Leonard. But, I wan't to give an answer lol. IMO Leonard is top 10 all time easy. Maybe ahead of Pep maybe it can be argued. Top clearly 5 LW but you can argue #1 of all time. It depends on who you like and what you look for.

Comment

I can't argue with that... I don't like any of them. But, if I have to chose I will chose the IMO cuz I am so disgusted with major 4. They are garbage.

And, you asked Carnivore a question about Benny Leonard. But, I wan't to give an answer lol. IMO Leonard is top 10 all time easy. Maybe ahead of Pep maybe it can be argued. Top clearly 5 LW but you can argue #1 of all time. It depends on who you like and what you look for.

Can't argue with that either.

For the question to Carnivore about the Great Boxer Benny Leonard...there is a reason for it. And it wouldn't be the first time I've asked him that he hasn't given me an answer.

Comment

Nope. Since Calzaghe moved up/retired, its always been up for debate who's the best super middleweight.

Hence the tournament.

Comment

For the question to Carnivore about the Great Boxer Benny Leonard...there is a reason for it. And it wouldn't be the first time I've asked him that he hasn't given me an answer.

I can only suspect why.

Comment

lol... So you saying he don't know Leonard or the history of boxing?

Comment

No, he knows who he is...exactly who he is...exactly...color, religion, blood type and all.

You see all this matters to Carnivore.

Comment

He once said that a prime Jim Jeffries would probably beat Jack Johnson.

...then admitted that he hadn't seen a lot of Johnson in another thread.

Comment

No, he knows who he is...exactly who he is...exactly...color, religion, blood type and all.
                      Then why do you think he won't give you an answer?

Comment

Working...
                      X