Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Brandon Rios Training, Baiting Gamboa To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a big Rios fan, but it's Gamboa all day with this one. I kind wish it would be made for March 3rd. I know Yuri just fought at 126 last September, but he did weigh like 138-139 on fight night. I think he could make the jump to Lightweight and it's not like slightly losing a bit of speed will hurt him with Rios.

Yes, Rios will out-weigh Yuri by probably at the very least 10-15 lbs on fight night, but Yuri can box his ears off.

Hope it gets made, at least for the summer.

It would also be a solid fight to validate that Gamboa is P4P and that he can beat someone with a huge punch, while people question Yuri's chin, and rightfully so.

Comment

nope. gamboa cant beat rios. gamboa is excellent but only for about 4-5 rounds. rios goes hard for 12. gamboa gets sloppy n ties up alot after 4-5 n rios best range is close up for uppercuts n combos. hes got the heart and the chin. hes definitely got the hands. great battle but rios stops gamboa in late rounds.

Comment

Gamboa by KO in the 10th rd. Rios way too slow too mess with the cyclone

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          I love Rios, great man, great fighter.
          I just hope he doesn't kill himself again trying to make weight. I heard last time he didn't eat for three days and he looked dead on the scales in MSG.

not only did he not eat, his water consumption could be measured in ounces.

i've never seen a fighter look so markedly drained for a fight

he literally looked like a different man

Comment

If Gamboa had a tough time with Salido, Rios will be Nightmare. I like Gamboa and admit he is a Class A Fighter with Tremendous Skills, but Rios is a beast that will surely make this an inside War. Gamboa has never Really been Tested before so hard to Know if he will handle the Pressure well however I predict a 12 Round War with the more Active Man getting the Nod...So My money is on Bam Bam

Comment

Rios can't make 135 anymore, Gamboa should fight Broner @ 130.

rios vs gamboa WON'T HAPPEN and this is old news.

Comment

Originally posted by APBrooklyn View Post
                This would be an amazing matchup --- Ive been a gamboa fan for a while but this guy Rios is made of steel thus far and would KO gamboa in a crazy slugfest...Arum not havin that
                If this fight ever happens, I doubt it'll be a "crazy slugfest." Gamboa just beat Ponce De Leon, a known KO artist, by potshoting and using his superior speed and skills. Yuri will probably attempt to do the same with Rios...or he'd better.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                  when asked about a fight March 3rd with Gamboa Rios team was told Gamboa did not want to fight Brandon March 3rd

IMO if you call out a fighter, you better be ready to fight him next otherwise it's just talk
                  I don't know what's what, but there's another article here on Boxingscene that's saying Gamboa wants to fight Rios on March 3, now that the previously planned fight (Rocky Martinez) fell through.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    not only did he not eat, his water consumption could be measured in ounces.

i've never seen a fighter look so markedly drained for a fight

he literally looked like a different man
                    I was there from Wed on and it was awful

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                      then Gamboa should have never said Bam Bam's name

but he did and now Bam Bam is more than happy to oblige but Gamboa has told Oner and Top Rank not now....lol
                      Same thing happened with Marquez calling out Floyd, but people dismissed the fight as a mismatch and a cherrypick. But this fight is a great fight, even though the disparity in size and height is much larger than Mayweather-Marquez. The difference is that the disparity in skills and talent amkes it a bit more even, but not quite.

Comment

Working...
                      X