No announcement yet.

Best Boxing Gym in New York City?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Boxing Gym in New York City?

Hey I've been training for a few months in boxing basic at a small gym.
    I now live in New York City and I'm looking for the best boxing gym this city has to offer.
    Price is not a problem for me, I'm just looking for the absolute best gym, or the best trainer (all for serious competition, not just fitness).
    Any recommendations?

I hear Gleasons gym is among the best. It's in Brooklyn

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
      I hear Gleasons gym is among the best. It's in Brooklyn
      Yes I've seen Gleasons gym. Any more recommendations? Gleasons seems to be very packed at least when I went to check it out and quite grungy. I'm not sure if it is the best in New York though.
      Any more recommendations?
      Preferably of gyms that produce champions of high-level competitors?

Comment

YO Gleason's has produced alot of world champs u must be crazy.. Everybody knows Gleason's i wish i was in newyork ID SEND MY SON THERE ..

Comment

Originally posted by fademaster View Post
          YO Gleason's has produced alot of world champs u must be crazy.. Everybody knows Gleason's i wish i was in newyork ID SEND MY SON THERE ..
          I'm just trying to see the options here in NYC.

Gleasons though has tons of trainers. I checked the website too and many of them have different rates. I don't mind the price, but which trainer would be the best to work with?
          I'm not familiar with any of them (their in the trainers section on their website)

Anyone have other recommendations of NYC Boxing Gyms?
          I've heard of Church Street boxing and Trinity Boxing but I'm not sure if they are very good, I just know they have good facilities.
          Please more recommendations people!
          Last edited by sammyishere1; 09-05-2009, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Gleasons, but it's become more of an attraction nowadays. The gym Frankie Figuerao trains at is real great from what I hear, but I can't remember the name of it. It's in the Bronx. All I know is that the interior walls are checked black and white (something like that).

Comment

Originally posted by sammyishere1 View Post
              Yes I've seen Gleasons gym. Any more recommendations? Gleasons seems to be very packed at least when I went to check it out and quite grungy. I'm not sure if it is the best in New York though.
              Any more recommendations?
              Preferably of gyms that produce champions of high-level competitors?
              What's wrong with grungy. That's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
                What's wrong with grungy. That's a good thing.
                Theres nothing wrong with grungy, but I want more options and recommendations besides just Gleasons boxing gym.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
                  Gleasons, but it's become more of an attraction nowadays. The gym Frankie Figuerao trains at is real great from what I hear, but I can't remember the name of it. It's in the Bronx. All I know is that the interior walls are checked black and white (something like that).
                  I think you are talking about Morris Park Boxing Gym in the Bronx. Its a bit far from my location in Queens but I'll check into it.
                  Any more recommendations? (preferably in the Manhattan area)

Has anyone heard much from Trinity Boxing in Manhattan? All I know is Hollywood Hino from the Contender trains there...?
                  trinityboxing.com

Comment

Originally posted by sammyishere1 View Post
                    Theres nothing wrong with grungy, but I want more options and recommendations besides just Gleasons boxing gym.
                    Then I don't know what to tell you... Good luck buddy.

Comment

Working...
                    X