No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikkel Kessler Eyes Return, Hopes To Fight in May, June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
    Yeah, really my attitude is fuck both Kessler and Bute. And that isn't an anti Euro or an anti Canadian rant. But I thought Froch should've gotten the decision over Kessler and I think that decision was more controversial than the Dirrel-Froch fight believe it or not. Froch to his credit still landed effective punches against Dirrel and was the aggressor. He bloodied Dirrel's nose. Even if you think Froch lost that fight, he still gets unwarranted hate for it because Dirrel fought with such an ugly style that night.

With that said, I think the punks in this division that want to milk everything without putting it all on the line are clearly Bute, Kessler, and Dirrel. Now I don't like Dirrel because of his style more than I think he's faking an injury and I don't even go as far to call him a coward.

I don't hate Kessler, but I also don't think he deserves to jump to the front of the line either. Bute is just an absolute joke.
    I think Kessler should have pulled out of the tournament and kept his belt. That would have made him much more in control of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      Neither does Kessler's story. Dirrell fought 6 weeks before Kessler and has not showed any sign of a possible return. Kessler said initially he might retire yet here he is ready to get back in the ring after a 9 month break (a layoff that is common for uninjured fighters), and he believes he is entitled to basically passing all the way to the finals of The Super 6 without earning it.

It may shock some people to know this, but fighters have to fight to make money and Dirrell is not helping himself by sitting on the sideline.

Most people who were critical of Dirrell made cracks about how he would be back in the ring by March of this year. Obviously he will not, but it appears Mikkel Kessler will, probably against some bum like Gusmyl Pedermo while Froch and Ward are taking on world class opposition.
      Kessler never said he would retire. The only one talking about that was Froch who kept his stupid mouth running about how he retired Kessler. Kessler said from the beginning, that he would rest the nine months, that was adviced from the doctors and then he would probably retire, IF his eye didn't improve.

Comment

Originally posted by BatNelson View Post
        I think Kessler should have pulled out of the tournament and kept his belt. That would have made him much more in control of his career.
        Yeah, but all involved - e.g. Sauerland, showtime, the WBC - said he would get a crack at the super 6 winner, if he allowed the belt to be in the tournament. He of course trusted that!

Comment

Everybody's pretending that if Kessler or Bute gets a fight against the super 6 winner, they are jumping the line. What's up with that??

All champions must fight a first fight after becoming champion. The fights after a final, is not finals themselves - it's merely the champion defending against the contender. That's how it works. People should start thinking instead of crying on the internet.

Comment

Working...
          X