Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are fans REALLY going to hold it against Floyd for not fighting Cotto again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are fans REALLY going to hold it against Floyd for not fighting Cotto again?

You know you're in Floyd's position when haters and rivals say you're ducking someone you've already beaten just because they changed a trainer.

I wanted Sergio to win as I like him more than Cotto, but I am also a fan of Cotto so I am glad to see his success. But do people REALLY believe that "Roach's Cotto" would obliterate Mayweather? Or do we understand the reality that is Arum and Roach aiming for another payday.

Cotto is still Cotto. I want to see Cotto vs Canelo and Cotto vs Golovkin.

Here's the thing though, Floyd doesn't have anyone to fight. And Cotto is looking like a beast under Freddie.

Comment

Better question if is fans really believe Mayweather won't try to fight Cotto. I'd be shocked if he doesn't at least try.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
        You know you're in Floyd's position when haters and rivals say you're ducking someone you've already beaten just because they changed a trainer.

I wanted Sergio to win as I like him more than Cotto, but I am also a fan of Cotto so I am glad to see his success. But do people REALLY believe that "Roach's Cotto" would obliterate Mayweather? Or do we understand the reality that is Arum and Roach aiming for another payday.

Cotto is still Cotto. I want to see Cotto vs Canelo and Cotto vs Golovkin.
        floyd and lebron have gotten to the point where whatever they do there will be criticism from people who just can't stand that they succeed.

what can you do?

Comment

i dont think many look at it that way, i think this is a fight floyd wants specially since haymond has no worthy fighter for him, and after all this time cotto gets to pick his next opponent , not floyd... floyd will love rematches with cotto and canelo, hopefully cotto and canelo fight each other cuz thats the fight the fans want... let floyd wait for the winner if any...

Comment

TBH, I don't wanna see Cotto-Floyd again. If Floyd is really retiring next year, I want the next 3 fights to be against all different opposition.

Comment

I don't see the merit in it. Mayweather beat Cotto very comfortably already.

Comment

floyd has limited selection of opponents and cotto has made himself a legitimate opponent, I guess if the price is right, miguel have no problems accepting...

anyway at this point cotto has the right of choice he can choose any fight he wants and could even reject a mayweather fight if he feels he is being disrespected....

Comment

Didin't roach say Cotto will be moving back down to 154lbs?

Comment

Boxing scene forum dwellers certainly will. The real world, no.

Comment

Working...
                    X