Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Roy Jones had fought Nigel Benn and Eubank in 1994 -95?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Roy Jones had fought Nigel Benn and Eubank in 1994 -95?

That was the last possible years imo, in which Benn and Eubank were still pretty good fighters. What if Roy had fought them both?

I know the common theory is Roy beat both of them easily. I don't know about that. Just rewatching the documentary on the Benn vs Mccellan Fight.

Nigel Benn torn his neck muscles and broke his jaw by the end of the 2nd round. Blood was foaming non stop in his mouth and he still managed to go on and finish the fight. Benn was a extremely aggressive puncher and is always in attack dog mode.

Eubank had very good boxing skills, a granite chin and a lot of ring smarts.

I know this site tend to rate Jones a lot higher then that other 'more British one' but his glass jaw can not be denied.

One good crack from Nigel and we might have seen an Amir Khan situation.
    He beat them both
    79.81%
    He loses to both
    12.50%
    He lose to Benn
    4.81%
    He lose to Eubank
    2.88%

Benn has only on chance to win that fight and that will be by cold clocking RJJ.

Eubank would probaly have to do the same thing I feel and although doesn't punch quite as hard as Benn would still be able to hurt and finish RJJ if he land s a monster right hand, the emphasis being on if he can.

Eubank would be losing closer rounds while Jones would be making Benn miss at will.

I'd say Jones wide UD if he can avoid being hit with a big right hand from either guy.

Comment

RJJ's chin wasn't as bad when he was younger. If it was that bad you would have seen him on the floor a lot.

Comment

Destroys Benn and outpoints Eubank

Comment

at least one of them would beat Roy, wouldnt be surprised if both beat him.

Comment

Jones beats them both but both would be interesting fights, and closer than many think. I think Eubank loses 8-4, and Benn the same with a possible late stoppage for him though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
              RJJ's chin wasn't as bad when he was younger. If it was that bad you would have seen him on the floor a lot.
              Not when he was younger, nor at Super-Middleweight.

Comment

Nigel would try his hardest but get stopped IMO.

Comment

Eubank gives him a tougher time, no question. Quite frankly, I think Jones flattens Benn early and decisions Eubank.

Comment

The disrespect given to Benn and Eubank is pretty disgusting really, both would be at least competetive with Jones, who never took the toughest challenges throughout his career.

Comment

Working...
                    X