Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye is still too green, and not yet prime.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
    l like I said,,,,his tougher skin prevailed
    Complaining that Lennox has tougher skin is like me complaining Vitali has a taller body. If he knew his face was so fragile, he shouldve blocked more instead of throwing useless haymakers.
    ol,,that geezer was only 37 and was coming off a drubbing of tyson and was a big favorite to beat vitali. he had plenty left in the tank.
    Everyone knows Lennox psychologically checked out after he accomplished his ultimate goal of defeating Mike Tyson.

Unmotivated, 10 lbs overweight , coming off a year of inactivity....still won.

Meanwhile the active Vitali admitted that he had been preparing for Lennox since the filming of Ocean's 11 in 2000....all that prep and still got pizza faced.

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post
      Complaining that Lennox has tougher skin is like me complaining Vitali has a taller body. If he knew his face was so fragile, he shouldve blocked more instead of throwing useless haymakers.

Everyone knows Lennox psychologically checked out after he accomplished his ultimate goal of defeating Mike Tyson.

Unmotivated, 10 lbs overweight , coming off a year of inactivity....still won.

Meanwhile the active Vitali admitted that he had been preparing for Lennox since the filming of Ocean's 11 in 2000....all that prep and still got pizza faced.
      yea,,exactly like I said. lewis got the victory because he was fortunate enough to have the tougher skin. vitali actually landed the better cleaner punches for most of the fight. not a complaint,,,just stating the obvious

Comment

yea,,exactly like I said. lewis got the victory because he was fortunate enough to have the tougher skin. vitali actually landed the better cleaner punches for most of the fight. not a complaint,,,just stating the obvious
        Lewis got the victory because he was fortunate enough to have superior boxing skills.

The biggest, cleanest shot of the night was an uppercut from Lewis: Timing, precision.

The most strategic punches of the night were also landed by Lewis: Lewis targeted the left side of Vitali's face in rounds 4 and 5. The punch stats back this up as 49% of his output were right hands. Lewis's average right hand output is 25% He was obviously looking to bust up Vits face from round 3 on.

Vitali was looking for a KO, but his punches could not put Lennox down. The reason why Rahman succeeded and Vitali failed is because Rahman threw a well-timed haymaker, Vitali was just mindlessly throwing shots hoping for the best

Its not always about quantity, but the quality of the punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post
          Lewis got the victory because he was fortunate enough to have superior boxing skills.

The biggest, cleanest shot of the night was an uppercut from Lewis: Timing, precision.

The most strategic punches of the night were also landed by Lewis: Lewis targeted the left side of Vitali's face in rounds 4 and 5. The punch stats back this up as 49% of his output were right hands. Lewis's average right hand output is 25% He was obviously looking to bust up Vits face from round 3 on.

Vitali was looking for a KO, but his punches could not put Lennox down. The reason why Rahman succeeded and Vitali failed is because Rahman threw a well-timed haymaker, Vitali was just mindlessly throwing shots hoping for the best

Its not always about quantity, but the quality of the punch.
          uh no,,,,lewis did not land the cleaner punches. its grazing shots that usually cause cuts. lewis was fortunate that vital's skin wasnt as tough as his. unlike against rahman,,,lewis was keeping his hands high. against rahman he was show boating with his hands at his waist. the knockout was inevitable. just as it was against mcall when he walked straight into a punch while trying to throw his own. vitali was giving lewis the boxing lesson. why do you think lennox refused all that $$ for a rematch? he knew a loss would damage his legacy. even his own trainor criticized him for it. lewis luckily won the fight but vitali won the war. end of story

Comment

uh no,,,,lewis did not land the cleaner punches. its grazing shots that usually cause cuts. lewis was fortunate that vital's skin wasnt as tough as his. unlike against rahman,,,lewis was keeping his hands high. against rahman he was show boating with his hands at his waist. the knockout was inevitable. just as it was against mcall when he walked straight into a punch while trying to throw his own. vitali was giving lewis the boxing lesson. why do you think lennox refused all that $$ for a rematch? he knew a loss would damage his legacy. even his own trainor criticized him for it. lewis luckily won the fight but vitali won the war. end of story
            Lennox says that Vitali's wife comes up to him all the time and begs "Please give my husband a rematch, its all he ever thinks about"

If Vitali won the war, why does that match still torment him?

Lennox can go to sleep every night knowing that he defeated every opponent he ever faced. His Heavyweight legacy is enhanced everytime Vitali wins another fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
              Fighting Wlad right now is a terrible idea, and Haye will not be at his potential best if it happens this year.

If I was managing Haye this is how I would map out his next 4 fights, assuming he retires at 31.

September 2010: Haye(Age 29) vs Adamek(Age 33)

If Haye can force his will on a technical boxer like Adamek, then he'll be one step closer to getting ready for a BIG technical boxer in Wlad.

March 2011: Haye(Age 30) vs Vitali Klitschko(Age 39)

Haye will knock Vitali out. Vitali's last four opponents had one thing in common: All were all SLOW(Arreola, Peter, Gomez, Johnson). The last "fast" puncher that Vitali faced was an old Corrie Sanders, and he almost stopped Vit in round one. Notice how K2 changed their stance on which brother gets Haye after the Ruiz fight ...They know too.

August 2011: Haye(Age 30) vs Top American in Las Vegas

This will be a great way to get Haye acclimated with American fans. They will know him from the Vitali fight and if Haye can get a decent name like BJ Flores on the card it can possibly go PPV. But above all else its a pause from fighting angry brothers back to back.

April 2012: Haye(Age 31) vs Wladimir Klitsckho(Age 36)

By this point Haye will be in his Prime, and Wlad will have begun to slow down a bit. If they fought today, Id give the edge to Wlad, but with proper experience, Haye destroys him in 5 rounds.

I predicted Haye wouldnt hit his prime until the Spring of 2012 and I was so ****ing correct!!!

Jesus Christ if he had only followed my blueprint hed be champion by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                I predicted Haye wouldnt hit his prime until the Spring of 2012 and I was so ****ing correct!!!

Jesus Christ if he had only followed my blueprint hed be champion by now.

Oh so he wasn't prime before? After a K.O win in a real battle against a 15-3 fighter with losses to Vitali & Tyson Fury he is now prime, right!

Good win but lets not go on like Chisora is a world beater and Haye wasn't majorly gassed.

26 (not including Wlad) fights against I believe 8 past or present world champions by the age of 30/31 and he wasn't in his prime?
                Last edited by dan_cov; 07-14-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Oh so he wasn't prime before? After a K.O win in a real battle against a 15-3 fighter with losses to Vitali & Tyson Fury he is now prime, right!

Good win but lets not go on like Chisora is a world beater and Haye wasn't majorly gassed.

26 (not including Wlad) fights against I believe 8 past or present world champions by the age of 30/31 and he wasn't in his prime?

Chisora had never been down before tonight, and both Vitali and Helenius broke their arms on his steel head. Respect it.

Joe Louis, Wladimir Klitschko, Lennox Lewis, etc All had upset losses mid career. They were pre-prime losses. Wladimir is Haye's corrie Sanders. Which is not bad considering he lasted the entire 12.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

It would be naive and foolish to suggest Haye was in his prime when he faced Wlad as Haye had spent the vast majority of his career at a different weight, so essentially he was starting again, learning again as the step up meant he was always going to face a fight which showed his lack of experience at this level.

The sad aspect about this sport, is that people can dodge each other, promoters can stop fights and the best don't fight each other as they can avoid fights and this is why I don't have much respect for Wlad.

Wlad should be keen to fight Haye again, he should be keen to knock him out, keen to show the world he can beat, and beat again his main rival, most talented rival.

Winning one fight by points agaisnt Haye doesn't mean a great deal if you refuse a rematch.

Haye would have learned from that fight and it was the first time in his career he faced a style at this level.

What other sports can fighters/teams dodge each other? this is what is killing this sport.

But going back to Haye, I hope he has the passion to remain in the game, take on fights and knock out guys in this division and then have a rematch with Wlad, as that is the type of rivalry this division needs.

Comment

Working...
                    X