Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Amir Khan avoids being hit on the chin...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he can avoid getting hit flush on the button then yes he has an excellent chance of outboxing him.

Thing is Canelo will land at some point and its probably all downhill from there but for what its worth I fully expect Khan to be ahead at the time and making Canelo look a bit foolish at times.

If it wasn't for the size and power I'd pick Khan, its a bad style match up for Canelo stylistically IMO
    I just expect his size/power and Khans lack of chin to be his undoing at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
      Say he manages to avoid being hit flush on the chin against Canelo, can he outbox him using his speed? I mean this is the only chance he really has of pulling it off. If he can protect his chin the whole 12 rounds, can he tie up and frustrate Canelo and possibly win a decision? Canelo will obviously be looking for a KO or TKO so he doesn't get criticised.
      He literally has no defense, and keeps his chin in the air

Comment

Khan was able to outbox Maidana for the most part but he was still getting caught, and Canelo will catch him too, the only chance he has is if his chin truly improves as many are hoping it will, which I highly doubt.

Comment

Fat boy Canelo is going going to break through his defense no matter what. This fight won't last more than five rounds and I won't be surprised if he KOs Khan in the first round

Comment

Khans only defense is retreating backwards doing the bambi on ice. Its gonna be fun to watch when canelo puts him on queer street. I hope when canelo gets khan hurt he doesnt go in for the kill right away i'd like to see him toy with khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
              Khans only defense is retreating backwards doing the bambi on ice. Its gonna be fun to watch when canelo puts him on queer street. I hope when canelo gets khan hurt he doesnt go in for the kill right away i'd like to see him toy with khan.
              I agree, i have no idea why people ignore the fact that this man has 0 head movement nor any good lateral movement.

Comment

I don't think so. He was trained by Hunter when mediocre Diaz knocked him down. If he can't avoid getting hit flush on the jaw by washed up old Diaz he sure as hell can't avoid getting hit flush on the jaw by Canelo's fast accurate combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                  Say he manages to avoid being hit flush on the chin against Canelo, can he outbox him using his speed? I mean this is the only chance he really has of pulling it off. If he can protect his chin the whole 12 rounds, can he tie up and frustrate Canelo and possibly win a decision? Canelo will obviously be looking for a KO or TKO so he doesn't get criticised.
                  Of course, I've said this a few times now.

I can go on record as many times as the fans desire.

Khan, despite his porcelain chin and feather fists, has the stylistic advantage over Canelo. It isn't stylistic nightmare status, but Canelo has cinder blocks for feet and Khan has both faster feet, and hands. Canelo also gasses. Khan isn't a great boxer, as in can both box and has the ring IQ to adapt quickly and to many styles and situations, but Canelo is such an average boxer it doesn't matter. If Canelo doesn't find his chin and put him away fairly early, not only can it get ugly for Canelo, but Khan could win by UD just outworking him, unless he gets robbed, Lara style.

Comment

Didn't he get dropped by Garcia with a neck shot? He has to avoid any thing near his head, which in boxing is nearly impossible even for a defensive wizard, and Amir Khan is FAR from a defensive genius. When you think of Khan, you don't think of defense, you think 'hand speed doe.'

Comment

Even if by some miracle Khan goes the whole 12 rounds Canelo still wins on points. Canelo is an excellent boxer and a much better boxer than Khan. Canelo out pointed the highly skilled Cotto so Khan will be easy work.

Comment

Working...
                      X