Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think about 30 for 30's "No Mas"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    It pains me to see Duran using that stomach cramp excuse. Even if it's true, I can't fathom him just falling back and saying **** it, NO MAS

Anyhow.. This was a little before my time.. Anyone know why a third fight never materialized?
    There was a third fight, plus who that girl in ur sig?

It was biased in favour of SRL but in all honesty Duran just has no way out of this one. He quit, end of. He quit not because he had cramps or was hurting, he quit because he couldn't fight SRL that night and things weren't going his way. It's sad but true. The truth hurts.

Comment

I thought it was good stuff.

Hoped Duran would have owned up to the fact that he quit because he was made out to be a mug unfortunately.

The ending was a bit.. for me. But it was good to revisit the whole thing.

Comment

Duran is the only quitter that gets a pass from me. IDGAF double standards or not.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Duran is the only quitter that gets a pass from me. IDGAF double standards or not.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Agree. Would probably have been pissed at the time, in history - couldn't give a fuk.

What he did in the first leonard fight was legendary.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            There was a third fight, plus who that girl in ur sig?

It was biased in favour of SRL but in all honesty Duran just has no way out of this one. He quit, end of. He quit not because he had cramps or was hurting, he quit because he couldn't fight SRL that night and things weren't going his way. It's sad but true. The truth hurts.
            I saw an earlier poster say that. I was meaning towards an immediate third fight. Helga Lovekaty.. she's been on the image search as of late .

Truth does hurt. My uncle's are still pissed about that.

Comment

I enjoyed it.

Comment

I thought the program was excellent, like all the "30 For 30s" I've seen.

At the time of Leonard Duran II, I was 14 years old. Duran was, and still is, my favorite fighter. As you might imagine with a kid that age, I was shocked and disillusioned. I would've loved to believe Roberto's excuse; but, to this day, it just doesn't seem very likely.

If you watch the fight, you see Leonard was razor-sharp and bent on embarrassing Duran. Roberto was rushed into the rematch and failed to properly lose weight. Ray might've beaten any version of Duran that night, let alone an unprepared Roberto.

In the program, Duran asks Leonard why he waited so long to grant him a third fight. Ray points at his his own head and basically replies that it was a mind game.

Comment

I enjoyed this program. I remenber the fight and remember how Duran was a joke until he upset Davey Moore. I also remember how people were not to high on Ray because they thought he had it easy.

The info I found very interesting was how they used Duran's purse to get him back in the ring quickly to take advantage of his partying.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                    I saw an earlier poster say that. I was meaning towards an immediate third fight. Helga Lovekaty.. she's been on the image search as of late .

Truth does hurt. My uncle's are still pissed about that.
                    Damn that Helga is a thing of beauty!

And yeah, I can imagine being alive then and the rep Duran had, he lost so much that night, which is why I think he kept fighting and kept moving up in weight, he needed to prove to everyone he was still a man. Losing to Hearns, battling Hagler and eventually beating Barkley did a lot to heal the wounds.

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I thought the program was excellent, like all the "30 For 30s" I've seen.

At the time of Leonard Duran II, I was 14 years old. Duran was, and still is, my favorite fighter. As you might imagine with a kid that age, I was shocked and disillusioned. I would've loved to believe Roberto's excuse; but, to this day, it just doesn't seem very likely.

If you watch the fight, you see Leonard was razor-sharp and bent on embarrassing Duran. Roberto was rushed into the rematch and failed to properly lose weight. Ray might've beaten any version of Duran that night, let alone an unprepared Roberto.

In the program, Duran asks Leonard why he waited so long to grant him a third fight. Ray points at his his own head and basically replies that it was a mind game.
                    This^

Comment

Part of hte no mas had to do with Leonard running the whole fight. Whatever Duran beat him when it count Just like Fraiser beat Ali when it count the most.

Comment

Working...
                      X